New Gibson Winter NAMM Models Announced

irocdave12

Reaction score
I sincerely hope they drop the whole HP line after 2019. I think it's been a failed experiment at best. Maybe take a few of best modern improvements and offer a Modern LP but we don't need a carbon copy of everything offered in the traditional specs also in the HP anymore

zombiwoof

Reaction score
so ... as 10 years ago they ended making the std in a way that in the last 10 years is the way the trad is made to you is correct to call ALL of them standard from now on and we will have the '50 std that is a pre 2008 std and '60 std that is the innovative after 2008 std... cool...

:doh:
They are returning to the option of having a 50's neck profile or a 60's profile on the regular Standard, just as they did before all the changes in naming of the models. Same as it was back in the 90's.
Al

DaveSG

Reaction score
High Res pictures;

First thoughts; headstock seems back to the correct size. Strap buttons back to vintage specs. ABR1 seems a regular one.

All of this is well and good, and it IS nice to see a reset of models/names, etc.....

But PRICING..... it doesn't matter how cool everything seems.... if the prices are still stupidly high, it's moot.
This guitar is very attractive, and soon we will see the price. With the 2019 SG Standard '61 out now and sitting at $1800, and what with the way the maestro always adds a few hundred to the price, this is a $2000+ guitar. It is an awesome guitar, I love it...but...$2000 will buy you a LOT of guitar. That is getting into the realm of used historic prices, and vintage-with-issues prices as far as SGs go. I remember back when they were calling it the '61 Reissue', it sat apart from the batwing SG Standards with it's small guard an 57 classic pickups. I think it sold around $1500 or so. The 'regular' 2013 SG Standard, with those same features, basically killed off the 61 Reissue. Now we have it back, with a bit of a price hike.

wilmacat16

Reaction score
This guitar is very attractive, and soon we will see the price. With the 2019 SG Standard '61 out now and sitting at $1800, and what with the way the maestro always adds a few hundred to the price, this is a $2000+ guitar. It is an awesome guitar, I love it...but...$2000 will buy you a LOT of guitar. That is getting into the realm of used historic prices, and vintage-with-issues prices as far as SGs go. I remember back when they were calling it the '61 Reissue', it sat apart from the batwing SG Standards with it's small guard an 57 classic pickups. I think it sold around $1500 or so. The 'regular' 2013 SG Standard, with those same features, basically killed off the 61 Reissue. Now we have it back, with a bit of a price hike.
On the site now, listed at $2000.

zombiwoof

Reaction score
A bunch of the models and prices are now up in the site. It’s not as bad as I expected but 1500 for a junior still irks me.
Not when you compare it to the 4K+ they have been charging for the Historic Jr.'s.
Al

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
The Standards are up. This guy in particular calls to me:

But I have a feeling the price won't be as friendly as it was on the Classic. So I'll probably end up with the SG Junior instead.

jstarr823

Reaction score
No more binding on the Studios... which is fine with me. Makes the '18 & early '19 models the only Studios since the 80s with a bound neck. All the more reason to hold onto my '18.

Dilver

Reaction score
A bunch of the models and prices are now up in the site. It’s not as bad as I expected but 1500 for a junior still irks me.
If it's like the 2018 LE Junior, street price will be more like $1,200, which many will still consider too high. Almost makes me wish I held out for the "normal" logo version, but I still love my '18 Junior.

tinman1

Reaction score
Havnt posted here for a while but I’m moved to do so after looking through the new website. There are at least 5 of these new models I’d own in a heartbeat. Been hoping for a goldtop standard for a while. Bravo Gibson, bravo.

DesolationBlvd

Reaction score
Was so close to putting my Junior up for sale to fund the new Special or more vintage-correct Junior, but then saw "50's neck". While it is accurate and what most players want, it's a deal-breaker for me. GAS is at bay for now.

519tbarr

Reaction score
2UA5iXFvo752k7TQzUUVDk-650-80.png

Gibson USA is back in business!!!
I have to say the Les Paul Standard 60's is calling my name. I have a couple Custom Shop LP's & a Traditional - but the specs and the neck profile on that 60's Standard in Bourbon Burst!!! - I will be spending some money in 2019.

ddh101

Reaction score
It all looks very back to basics, which I am certainly a fan of.

"After missing last year’s show, Gibson is back with a vengeance! Yes, it’s made mistakes in the past, but this company looks like it’s about to rectify them."

Gibson Golden Era NAMM 2019
"We’re paying tribute to the Golden Era of Gibson by restoring authenticity for musicians with our new lineup of Classics,” says Cesar Gueikian, GIBSON’s Chief Merchant Officer. He then goes on to say: “True to our DNA, our new Les Paul Standard returns to the classic design that made it famous. And the same can be said of other models."

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-gibson-goes-back-to-the-golden-era-with-new-2019-guitars/

Long time coming. Looks like it might have been worth the wait. Amen