New Gibson Slash Models 2020 or more of the old models.

JUNAE9

Reaction score
I think some collectors won't like it much, but it will help control the crazy prices of the old models.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
Yeah but it's all the USA line models. When I was considering an AFD guitar back in 2011, my local store had one, it didn't wow me when I played it and it was the USA model, but they were charging the Custom Shop price for it. Idiots wanted 6K for it. Ridiculous. If I was going to get an AFD I'd much rather have the CS version. Plus, I just can't abide having the dorky Slash top hat logo anywhere on the headstock....and I'm a Slash fan!

Not interested in the anaconda or vermillion burst and TBH I've always hated tobacco bursts so easy pass on that one.

jwehrman

Reaction score
Yeah but it's all the USA line models. When I was considering an AFD guitar back in 2011, my local store had one, it didn't wow me when I played it and it was the USA model, but they were charging the Custom Shop price for it. Idiots wanted 6K for it. Ridiculous. If I was going to get an AFD I'd much rather have the CS version. Plus, I just can't abide having the dorky Slash top hat logo anywhere on the headstock....and I'm a Slash fan!

Not interested in the anaconda or vermillion burst and TBH I've always hated tobacco bursts so easy pass on that one.
That Slash top hat ruined the Goldtop for me. A Norlin reissue for $3K? Nope.

As for the November Burst, they're not even trying. It's as if the Custom Shop guys were given the okay to drain the overflow of black dye with a hose.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
the only legit 'november burst' replica is the CS Perry/Slash Burst from 2013. One of those VOS is better than this offering. No pickguard, exposed pus? A tobacco burst this may be, but it's hardly what I would call a 'november burst' tribute. This is closer to his first 'signature' LP from 2008. Shit even that was made by the custom shop!

joff

Reaction score
Glad that i sold my Gibson Slash Rosso Corsa LP with the awful Slash thingy on the headplate...it would never sell now!

Last edited:

PauloQS

Reaction score
I like the November Burst and Vermillion burst. I also like that the Slash’s logo is going to the back of the headstock. I prefer the Les Paul Model logo over any other signature artist logo.

If Trogly is correct about the price point, I think it’ll be a bit too steep for what the guitar is. You can get a exclusive run of Standard 50s and 60s with un upgraded AAA top for $2,700. Slash’s signature model is essentially that, but with his signature pickup and neck profile. Considering there is a markup for it being a signature model, I think $3,000 would be a reasonable price. I think $3,500 give or take $100 is a bit too high for what the guitar is and what other options Gibson is offering.

However, if those prices have the effect of getting some of the absurd used market prices, than that’s a good thing. Trogly might not like it because it might mess up his margins (he seems like a good guy, but he wouldn’t survive if he was in it for charity). However, some of the used market prices seem a bit excessively high because collectors are driving the prices that way. Much like a more reasonable version of the vintage market.