paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
New and affordable !

Gibson ES-335 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar with Case

Gibson ES-335 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar with Case Specifications

100% American made, in Memphis, TN
F-holes in top
Super ’57 pickup (bridge), 57 Classic pickup (neck)
Tone Pros AVR2 bridge
Orange Drop Capacitor
Soft edge body contour
Nickel Gibson Stud Tailpiece
Nickel Grover Rotomatic Tuners
CTS Pots
Tone-Pro Long Anchor and Tailpiece Stud

Gibson ES-339 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar with Case

Gibson ES-339 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar Specifications

F-holes in top
Tone Pros AVR2 bridge
Orange Drop Capacitor
Soft edge body contour
CTS Pots

budg

Reaction score
New and affordable !

Gibson ES-335 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar with Case

Gibson ES-335 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar with Case Specifications

F-holes in top
Tone Pros AVR2 bridge
Orange Drop Capacitor
Soft edge body contour
CTS Pots

Gibson ES-339 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar with Case

Gibson ES-339 Studio 2014 Electric Guitar Specifications

F-holes in top
Tone Pros AVR2 bridge
Orange Drop Capacitor
Soft edge body contour
CTS Pots
I know you are a semi hollow kind of guy like I am. That is a good guitar for the money IMO. My experience is the guitars coming out of Memphis right now are really good guitars. I have a 2012 335 gloss and its my number 1. I bet the bridge pickup will have some nice bite to it.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I know you are a semi hollow kind of guy like I am. That is a good guitar for the money IMO. My experience is the guitars coming out of Memphis right now are really good guitars. I have a 2012 335 gloss and its my number 1. I bet the bridge pickup will have some nice bite to it.

Yep, you're right....

I just hope they come in some more 'colors'
and will come here to Europe

at a price of $ 1400 including a hardcase I just wonder why all this 33x type guitars had been so much more before :hmm:

matthew bear

Reaction score
They should be more affordable anyways, imo... I have on of the satin finish one's from 2007, it was about 1700. They haven't have a cheaper es model in a while, I'm glad there's something available again :thumb:

Maccadude33

Reaction score
I'm personally tired of seeing all the vintage sunburst and ebony models... but if they put out a natural one, I'd be all over it. I'd love to have a low-cost 339 like that.

budg

Reaction score
Yep, you're right....

I just hope they come in some more 'colors'
and will come here to Europe

at a price of $ 1400 including a hardcase I just wonder why all this 33x type guitars had been so much more before :hmm:
A natural one and even a walnut one would be kind of cool. In looking at the specs , the wiring , pickguard and binding appear to be the obvious differences. I dont know what type of finish it has either. I know when the 333 was releases, they were quite a bit cheaper than the 335.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I'm personally tired of seeing all the vintage sunburst and ebony models... but if they put out a natural one, I'd be all over it. I'd love to have a low-cost 339 like that.

I never get tired of an 'Ebony' Gibson :naughty:

JM2112

Reaction score

While I like the ebony and vintage sunburst finishes, I have to agree that some other finish options would be nice. Just like the ebony and heritage cherry finishes that dominated the SG model for so long.

I love a natural finish too! I saw an ES335 that had a natural finish and flame top a while ago that got the GAS going a bit, but I'm not too fond of the large body size.

I would likely jump at a CS356, CS336, ES339, ES359 in a natural finish!!! :thumb:

Maccadude33

Reaction score
While I like the ebony and vintage sunburst finishes, I have to agree that some other finish options would be nice. Just like the ebony and heritage cherry finishes that dominated the SG model for so long.

I love a natural finish too! I saw an ES335 that had a natural finish and flame top a while ago that got the GAS going a bit, but I'm not too fond of the large body size.

I would likely jump at a CS356, CS336, ES339, ES359 in a natural finish!!! :thumb:

I mean, I like ebony and VS finishes too! Just in moderation. I guess I should have said that I'm tired of seeing those as the only options. Of course, I'm a huge fan of pretty much all cherry finishes, so you've got me there... :thumb:

I never get tired of an 'Ebony' Gibson :naughty:

I wouldn't either, if I had one! But hey, when your guitar has what's probably a nice looking piece of wood, why hide its character with a solid finish of any kind? It's nice to see what's underneath sometimes. :cool:

Maccadude33

Reaction score
I've seen a few shops post pictures of those satin 339s over the past week or so. I'd love to get my hands on one of those and polish it up.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Finally official announced....

Gibson.com: Gibson Memphis ES-335 Studio
ESSD14EBNH1-Hero-5.jpg

Gibson.com: Gibson Memphis ES-339 Studio
ES39D14VSNH1-Hero-2.jpg

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on the Warren Haynes sig ES-335...

But the dealer wouldn't give up the serial number, I had to buy it first to find out what it was.

:laugh2:

Good luck with that!

rjshare

Reaction score
these do look great - one observation from paruwi's last link: what's going on with the fretboads on them? there is no detail given of what they are made of in the gibson site links and in each model one looks black (richlite?), the other like rosewood.

74JMP

Reaction score
I My experience is the guitars coming out of Memphis right now are really good guitars. I have a 2012 335 gloss
I have a 2009 from there and felt it was one of the best I've run across. I never seemed to bond them till I picked this one up, so bought it. Got it home and found the Net poohbahs seem to think differently.

Latest Threads