New Gibson Les Paul Traditional with separated neck.

TheWhigs

Reaction score
Maybe I'm viewing it wrong (or lack of knowledge), is there any way the neck will fit the body?

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm viewing it wrong (or lack of knowledge), is there any way the neck will fit the body?
It doesn't look like it, but cell phone cameras tend to have a very wide FOV, which heavily distorts the relative sizes of things that are different distances from the lens.

It could be legit... but you would have to clip out the tenon and enlarge it to match the width of the pocket... only then would you be able to be more certain that the length is correct.

TheWhigs

Reaction score
It doesn't look like it, but cell phone cameras tend to have a very wide FOV, which heavily distorts the relative sizes of things that are different distances from the lens.

It could be legit... but you would have to clip out the tenon and enlarge it to match the width of the pocket... only then would you be able to be more certain that the length is correct.

Thanks for the informative reply, appreciate it. :yesway:

larryguitar

Reaction score
Key word - it looks like he made it up. But you don't know that. It's speculation based on some circumstantial evidence. You don't really know, but you're fully willing to call the guy a liar over it. Now, imagine for a moment, that you're wrong. (I know, it probably never happens, but just as a thought experiment.) Then you've just added unnecessary insult to injury, based on speculation. That would make you less of a DUDE, and more another thing that begins with D.

I hope this helps, dude.
I didn't see anyone call anyone a liar; except you, right there.

Pointing out issues with a statement is how we confirm we've reached the truth; as my grandpa used to say, "Don't swallow everything somebody puts in your mouth"....

Larry

BKS

Reaction score
I enjoyed reading every page on this new Chibson More Paul model... Interchangeble neck. It should have come with a second neck. Did it come with the cheap velcro fit or magnet deluxe fit?

jk60LPTH

Reaction score

Eliminate any question of lens distortion- take a photo with body and neck end-to-end with ruler spanning both.

jk60LPTH

Reaction score
Well... That part has a lot of credibility.
I can see this getting through a GC setup and 55 point inspection, since none of the 55 points is "Make sure the neck is glued in"
CB, This IS part of the 55 point inspection- It's the "FULL BODY CAVITY CHECK (gloves required)"

lead

Reaction score
That's a good neck fit if there's ever been one.

All these years hearing how Gibson employees are so skilled the necks hold on even without glue... well there you have it!
Come on but under string tension there most be at least 80 lbs of tension on that neck I'm sure there's a spec somewhere that stats the string stress. I dont care how tight that joint was the string tension would have pulled it out. If glued there should be evidence of that and if so they cheaped out.

TheWelder

Reaction score
We've seen this story before. Guy with zero posts come on here making a claim that is difficult to believe. Provides little evidence, few details, and poor photos. Some take it at face value and run with it while others question and ask for more detail / evidence. OP gets defensive, lashes out, and then disappears from the forum.

Played to a T - coach would be proud.

TheWhigs

Reaction score
Apropos, here is my Les Paul Traditional Pro V Satin Electric Guitar Satin Wine Red which came in a few weeks ago. Its my first Satin-finished guitar and I really like it so far.

Attachments

• Les Paul Traditional Pro V Satin Electric Guitar Satin Wine Red.jpg
    Les Paul Traditional Pro V Satin Electric Guitar Satin Wine Red.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 29

lespaul1648

Reaction score
Stop with the tomfooleries already. If anyone believes this you are as much a fool as this person is for posting this. This was most likely purchased from Stratosphere and posted for some attention. We all know Gibson has been dealing with QC issues but this is ridiculous and to me completely unbelievable.

Last edited:

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Reaction score
Stop with the tomfooleries already. If anyone believes this you are as much a fool as this person is for posting this. This was most likely purchased from Stratosphere and posted for some attention. We all know Gibson has been dealing with QC issues but this is ridiculous and to me completely unbelievable.
C5E51144-B724-4C50-881B-B0D9F9DCCD02.jpeg

I’m just having a little a fun.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
Eliminate any question of lens distortion- take a photo with body and neck end-to-end with ruler spanning both.
Too late.
He already returned it to Guitar Center.

Latest Threads