New Gibson Les Paul Traditional with separated neck.

VDeuce

Reaction score
Wow, that is incredible. Just throw a little tightbond on it, good to go, lol.

Shelkonnery

Reaction score
How was it when you first opened the case?

Did the neck come out just as you grabbed the guitar for the first time or did you even get to play some before this happened?

That's rough! Hopefully you'll get a replacement without much hassle.

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d go Kyle on them

strayedstrater

Reaction score
IMG_0103 (2).JPG

The tenon and fretboard overhang look very short, like the fretboard wouldn't reach all the way to the pickup ring -- like it would end where the tip of the pickguard begins. Looks more like a 335 neck than a Les Paul neck.

Gibson hangs guitars from the tuner holes when spraying the finish. The neck is used as a handle when buffing the body. The neck/body gets clamped into the PLEK's chassis with pressure against the back of the neck to simulate string tension. Then the strings are put on and tuned to pitch and a cursory function check is done.

I suppose a super tight tenon might hold together while spraying, and then the nitro might glue the edges strongly enough to hold during buffing and initial stringing. Maybe.

I suppose that camera angle and perspective might make the neck look like it's an inch too short to fit the body. Maybe.

But I don't automatically believe everything I read on the internet. I'd really need to see the neck pressed partway into the body to believe this story. Or rulers next to the fretboard overlap and the body to show the fretboard would actually reach all the way to the pickup ring.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey at least you get the chance to set it with hide glue. on looking again that neck does not look like belongs to that guitar that's one of those fancy tenons in the body and what looks like a standard short tenon neck., if that is how it can from the shop either they are screwing you or they been screwed themselves by a customer?

Last edited:

Latest Threads