New Gear: The Rock Lock

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
Folks, thought I share something that I just came across that will be a boon for gigging guitarists' security. It's called the Rock Lock by The Rock Lock Company, and I think it'll set a lot of players' minds at ease about getting their axes stolen. The principle is similar to a laptop locking tether. The idea is so simple! But I haven't seen anything like it to date.

In any case, I also did a quick write-up on it on my blog: New Gear: The Rock Lock « Guitar Gear

GoofyDawg

Agave_Blue

Reaction score
Have you actually had a chance to try the product - determine is quality, ease of use, etc? Or are you basing your opinion on the genreal idea (which is a good idea)?

Any affiliation to the company?

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Have you actually had a chance to try the product - determine is quality, ease of use, etc? Or are you basing your opinion on the genreal idea (which is a good idea)?

:hmm: Ah, I thought it was against the rules for a general member to advertize their business in their signature?? OH and the review of the product in your web site?? Good questions. :hmm:

GoofyDawg

Reaction score

No affiliation to the company. :) It was just an announcement (though reading back, it sure looks like it, so I apologize). I haven't tried it yet, but it's exciting to me as a gigging musician to be able to lock up my guitars at gigs. Check out the site and see the details on the product.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I see that gizmo comes with a cable/chain thing. Does the other end go to one of these?

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Meh, I don't see the big deal about advertising in the sig anyways... Maybe he has some sort of affiliation, It's possible.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Meh, I don't see the big deal about advertising in the sig anyways... Maybe he has some sort of affiliation, It's possible.
+1. I wasn't sure how the rule was being enforced lately.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Also I never got the crackdown on members with no affiliation with a certain business, advertising. If a business is good enough for their customers to want to advertise, shouldn't we be promoting them anyways? Like jonesy for example.

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
:hmm: Ah, I thought it was against the rules for a general member to advertize their business in their signature?? OH and the review of the product in your web site?? Good questions. :hmm:
:) It's not even a business. It's a blog. I get information and I share it not for my benefit, but for others as well.

rodneyk915

Reaction score
Looks like a good idea to me.

Also I never got the crackdown on members with no affiliation with a certain business, advertising. If a business is good enough for their customers to want to advertise, shouldn't we be promoting them anyways? Like jonesy for example.
You can if you do it like in my sig. You just can't have their actual logo's in your sig.

Latest Threads