New G.A.S Syndrome

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welp I finally found a shop that had a Marshall Vintage Modern Combo, plugged my Orville LP into it after bout a five to seven minute warm up, OMG THis amp is a TONE King, a massive monster of sweet tube output, JMP tones, Blues Breaker tones, JCM 800 Vertical input tones I even went so far as to put the digital reverb to test, and its bout perfect, not too deep and dosent sound like speakers in garbage cans four doors down from your house This thing just went to the top of my next amp hitlist they let me run it for darn near an hour, musta been doin somethin right :rofl::rofl:
Guys who like and maybe not even like Marshalls, This amp SMOKES

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
Welp I finally found a shop that had a Marshall Vintage Modern Combo, plugged my Orville LP into it after bout a five to seven minute warm up, OMG THis amp is a TONE King, a massive monster of sweet tube output, JMP tones, Blues Breaker tones, JCM 800 Vertical input tones I even went so far as to put the digital reverb to test, and its bout perfect, not too deep and dosent sound like speakers in garbage cans four doors down from your house This thing just went to the top of my next amp hitlist they let me run it for darn near an hour, musta been doin somethin right :rofl::rofl:
Hot dang :slash: Sounds to me like this one may be finding a new home? I haven't seen one of these yet but I've been reading about them. Well glad you have GAS now, :rofl: You'll have to act quickly to prevent heightening of the syndrome :) BTW, the Lone Star Special is spoken for and it wasn't me :mad:
Later... Gibsonblues... :)

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hot dang :slash: Sounds to me like this one may be finding a new home? I haven't seen one of these yet but I've been reading about them. Well glad you have GAS now, :rofl: You'll have to act quickly to prevent heightening of the syndrome :) BTW, the Lone Star Special is spoken for and it wasn't me :mad:
Later... Gibsonblues... :)
Dang Gibson, Hmm Welp what bout the Express, My local shop sells em new for 1200. The amp I tried was a few hundred high of Musicians Friend, I am gonna keep my eyes peeled for a used one , LOL Want to buy my Rectoverb 50 and an Orville Les Paul flametop?

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They have a damn nice sound to em... Not functional enough for me... I've got too many 1 channel amps as it is, but wow what a dirty tone.

Gibsonblues

Reaction score
Dang Gibson, Hmm Welp what bout the Express, My local shop sells em new for 1200. The amp I tried was a few hundred high of Musicians Friend, I am gonna keep my eyes peeled for a used one , LOL Want to buy my Rectoverb 50 and an Orville Les Paul flametop?
Well I'm not totally upset! I didn't really need to spend the money right now anyway. It had a down payment on it so I suspect if anything happens it may still be available. And the Express is always available. Geez Louizzzeee... That Marshall sounds like some serious tone and attitude :thumb: I bet you would have been mighty pleased to have the store help take it out and load it up for ya... I think I'm gonna Google and have another look at it. Looking doesn't cost me anything :applause: well I guess that isn't totally true. It makes me salivate to spend that greenback... Catch ya later... Gibsonblues... :)

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sweet man! I've heard alot of good things about the VM's. Probably the best of the "modern" Marshalls. At first I thought Slash was just endorsing the VM's for the ads, but I recently read in GuitarOne that he actually uses them in his live rig! And now that I read you're review...I'm gonna have to go over to GC and try one sometime soon. :)

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sweet man! I've heard alot of good things about the VM's. Probably the best of the "modern" Marshalls. At first I thought Slash was just endorsing the VM's for the ads, but I recently read in GuitarOne that he actually uses them in his live rig! And now that I read you're review...I'm gonna have to go over to GC and try one sometime soon. :)
Man I doubt you regret it, Hell I MAY have to shed the new Recto and my Orville LP ! YIKES ,
Da Big Saul Slash man, I dont think is like some endorsee's, who are endorsement whores , They will sell their name to the higher bidders. but back to the amp, the body and shape knobs took some getting used to and fiddling with, but I left the EQ totally alone, and played em as Marshall recommends doing, leaving em all at 12 O clock straight up , like any good Marshall, tone so good it can live without the Verb, but thats a nice added touch and feature :slash::slash: I give it a 12 and half on the ten scale

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I played one not too long ago. Very nice amp.:thumb:

Latest Threads