New Fujigen day, and gamble paid off

cvrle1

Reaction score
Picked up my shipment from Rinkya earlier today. 2 Fujigen made guitars, but 2 different brands.

1st one is History SH-LSV/FM in either Faded or Vintage cherry. Color are close, so I am not sure which one it is really. Made of Heritage Wood (parts at least) Everything about this guitar is amazing. Color and grain in the wood/laminate is just ridiculous. Looks to be solid top with laminate over it. Wight is 9.12 lbs on small kitchen scale so it could be heavier (feels like it)

For full specs and info, see Shimamura's website

Neck cavity shots:

Bridge cavity shots:

cvrle1

Reaction score
2nd guitar I took a gamble on. It was listed as FGN NCLC 10R. Looking at pics it seemed like it could be a higher model (20E) but I wasnt sure. From few pics I saw in the ad fretboard looked like it could have been ebony (10R has mahogany board) but there was no way to be 100% certain. I won it for 44.5K Yen and waited.

Once she arrived it was time to figure out what it really was. Took out the neck pup and found this:

Good start for it actually being 20E model as 20E has SD pups. Took out neck pickup and found this:

Even better odds. Finally looked in the cavity (Bingo!)

It was 20E and not 10R like it was listed and sold for. Needless to say I am very happy that gamble paid off.

More specs can be found here She wights 9.93 lbs on the same scale.

Both guitars look like they have been barely played. History has few dings, but frets on both show almost no use whatsoever.

And here they are with brother from another mother. It is Epi Elitist

Matty

Reaction score
Looks great man, HNGD. :thumb:

That heel looks comfortable too.

cvrle1

Reaction score
Yeah, I personally dont mind headstock on either. I know people like their open book headstock on LP copies, but it is what it is. FGN has similar headstock to Epi Elitist. Tombstone isnt as high on FGN, but shape is quite similar.

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great post and congrats on the nice Fujigens!
The Fujigen custim looks to have MOP inlays and not plastic, correct? Very classy choice for a custom BB LP.

cvrle1

Reaction score
Great post and congrats on the nice Fujigens!
The Fujigen custim looks to have MOP inlays and not plastic, correct? Very classy choice for a custom BB LP.
They are MOP indeed. Great guitars for sure and at even better cost.

Mr Teeny

Reaction score
Nice guitars , seems its hard to go wrong with Fujigen. That custom is a beauty, all mahogany ,ebony board ,mop, good conditon, what's not to love about it. The price is just the icing on the cake. It pays to go off the big names occasionally

radarlove

Reaction score
Nice. Can you tell any difference between CFS fretboards and regular?

red_bull

Reaction score
2nd guitar I took a gamble on. It was listed as FGN NCLC 10R. Looking at pics it seemed like it could be a higher model (20E) but I wasnt sure. From few pics I saw in the ad fretboard looked like it could have been ebony (10R has mahogany board) but there was no way to be 100% certain. I won it for 44.5K Yen and waited.

Once she arrived it was time to figure out what it really was. Took out the neck pup and found this:

Good start for it actually being 20E model as 20E has SD pups. Took out neck pickup and found this:

Even better odds. Finally looked in the cavity (Bingo!)

It was 20E and not 10R like it was listed and sold for. Needless to say I am very happy that gamble paid off.

More specs can be found here She wights 9.93 lbs on the same scale.

Both guitars look like they have been barely played. History has few dings, but frets on both show almost no use whatsoever.

And here they are with brother from another mother. It is Epi Elitist

incredible deal

Leddyman

Reaction score
HNGD! I dig that custom. If I buy a custom it has all the specs I want. All mahogany and ebony board. Headstock doesn't bother me a lick.

Do they make one with p90's?

PuroMojo

Reaction score
Wow, congratulations, very nice guitars. Thanks for all reports :cheers: