New fly rig: MXR EVH 5150 + MXR Micro Chorus.

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
I've said it before, I'm not that much into pedals, or not into using a lot of them anyway, however I do have a big pedalboard which I use for big gigs and which, admittedly, has its use and it's major fun to use too(!), nevertheless I have two smaller pedalboards/fly rigs which I actually prefer as they allow me to somehow express myself better, one with a Chorus, and Overdrive and a Noise Suppressor, all Boss stuff as they're all buffered, and now this one in the picture below, which is absolutely F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!

It is indeed a little more complicated than the "Boss one" as it has a TC Electronic Bonafide buffer first in the chain, and it'd be a pain having to replace batteries, hence the little Carl Martin Power Supply, but in all honesty the two MXR pedals are really all I need, plus maybe, occasionally, an outboard Wah Wah, placed before the buffer.

The MXR Micro Chorus is by far the thickest chorus pedal I own, I call it my "Joe Walsh" chorus as it somewhat reminds me of the chorus I hear on some of Joe Walsh's records, even though I'm pretty sure that's not what he used(!) and what I really appreciate is the ever so subtle boost it provides when engaged, which in my experience seems to be a constant with every MXR pedal, even "modulation" ones...?

And the MXR EVH 5150 is a true revelation; it's much, much more versatile than its name might initially suggests, it can literally go from early 1966 "Beano" Clapton all the way (if ever needed..) to the heaviest of Metal through Heartbreaker and....Eruption, of course!
A...whole lotta Overdrive/Distortion for sure!

On top of that it has a very nice and perfectly calibrated Noise Gate, so what more would one want?

IMG_0977 (1).jpeg

Latest Threads