New Family Photo - Wall of Brazilians

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Is the black Strat a CS or reissue?
ETA: Or a vintage Strat? By the looks of your collection it's certainly within your means.

Always loved black-bodied Fender guitars and basses with a tortoise shell pickguard.
Sorry for the delayed reply. The finish is called aged charcoal frost metallic, and yes it’s a a Custom Shop model. I’ve never been a big strat guy but this one comes with the Ancho Poblano pickups and they scream!

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
And yes, I know I really need a Custom... soon!
I’d be more concerned with your disturbing lack of P90s...

What would really concern me is hanging a Guitar by the Neck with all that weight on the HS. The Join can take it but my Brain can’t.
I see people posting about this all the time.
On a Les Paul, the strings are exerting anywhere from 100 to 120 lbs of pull, trying to bend your neck towards the bridge. Not only will the 7 lbs or so hanging off the headstock have little to no effect, it might even help.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I’d be more concerned with your disturbing lack of P90s...

I see people posting about this all the time.
On a Les Paul, the strings are exerting anywhere from 100 to 120 lbs of pull, trying to bend your neck towards the bridge. Not only will the 7 lbs or so hanging off the headstock have little to no effect, it might even help.

Keep telling yourself that. I’m not arguing but my Guitars stay in their Cases when not being used. It is the safest / cleanest option for the Guitars I own.

:cheers2:

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that. I’m not arguing but my Guitars stay in their Cases when not being used. It is the safest / cleanest option for the Guitars I own.
Mine too, but not because of the fear of hanging them. Its because of all the other potential dangers. Plus, I don't have a free wall anywhere in the house or there would be a bunch I'd love to keep out.

malcostuart

Reaction score
Gorgeous, I'm sat here drooling but , all that and no P90s ????? Each to his own but I always find them to have more focus somehow, a more immediate response. Massive congrats anyhow !

BSeneca

Reaction score
Beautiful room! I am REALLY digging that lemon top right. I have a room as well, but I never hang my Gibsons because the rubber can burn the lacquer on the headstock. Make sure you put a cloth or something over it. Congratulations

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Beautiful room! I am REALLY digging that lemon top right. I have a room as well, but I never hang my Gibsons because the rubber can burn the lacquer on the headstock. Make sure you put a cloth or something over it. Congratulations
Yikes, I would never use rubber hangers. These are very soft foam material, and do not damage the finish. Thank you though!

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Gorgeous, I'm sat here drooling but , all that and no P90s ????? Each to his own but I always find them to have more focus somehow, a more immediate response. Massive congrats anyhow !
I know, I know. I am just not a big single coil guy, in any format. I play a lot of hard rock (not metal, but heavier rock) and I can't stand the noise. I used to have an SG with P-90s and wound up selling it. But that said, I absolutely love the look of a goldtop with P-90s, so I really want a '56 Reissue... just have to get a Custom and a dark burst first :)

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
That R0 though
Out of everything I own, it's between that R0 and the R9 lemon with zebras as my best playing and sounding guitar, no question. But the R0 wins for looks due to the Murphy painting and aging. It's really a phenomenal guitar.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge R0 fan. Very tough to find ones with great tops.

Brother Firefingers

Reaction score
Sweet setup... having them out to enjoy is the only way to go. BTW new member... was searching for info on an LP and found your site. Great site, well done! Howdy from Brother Firefingers!

Brother Firefingers

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply. The finish is called aged charcoal frost metallic, and yes it’s a a Custom Shop model. I’ve never been a big strat guy but this one comes with the Ancho Poblano pickups and they scream!
Ia the pickup version of a Hot Pepper?! :cool: . I have that set in a CS and they rock. Even in a beautiful world full of Brazilian-boarded LPs, a guy needs a Strat or two... and a Tele!