New Family Photo - Wall of Brazilians

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
I’m building a guitar room and finally got all the hooks up, so was able to display all my LPs together. Just thought it looked super cool so wanted to share. It’s gonna look even better when the lights are installed. (And yes, I know I really need a Custom... soon!)
From L to R: 2018 R9 Vintage Lemon Brazilian; 2018 R9 Vintage Cherry Brazilian (those two are consecutive serial number sisters); 2018 R0 Murphy Aged “Murphy Sunburst” Wildwood Brazilian; 2003 R7 Goldtop Brazilian; and my newest 2019 60th Anniversary R9 Golden Poppy Brazilian.

Full room (still playing with the configuration):

Attachments

jb_abides

Reaction score
Nice! Keep the Pauls on high!

Can you tell us about construction, wall material, mounting hooks to studs or...?

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Hanging my Guitars by the Neck is just something I can't do.

Nice room vibe though.

:cheers2:
I totally know what you’re saying and I was originally really hesitant. And a part of me is still anxious about it, but I picked Hercules hooks because they use a material that is not supposed to cause hanger rash or interact with the finish, plus they lock them in nicely. It was a choice between having all my guitars out and available to just grab and play vs. locked up in their cases in my closets (which made me rarely go through the trouble of bringing some of them out), so the ability to play them all more outweighed the slight risk of a little finish wear around the neck. I figure pretty much every guitar shop in the entire country hangs them by their necks, so it’s probably not a major issue, and the damage has more to do with the material used, rubber for instance. But, again, there’s STILL a part of me that is worried. If I see anything like that happening, it’s game over.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I totally know what you’re saying and I was originally really hesitant. And a part of me is still anxious about it, but I picked Hercules hooks because they use a material that is not supposed to cause hanger rash or interact with the finish, plus they lock them in nicely. It was a choice between having all my guitars out and available to just grab and play vs. locked up in their cases in my closets (which made me rarely go through the trouble of bringing some of them out), so the ability to play them all more outweighed the slight risk of a little finish wear around the neck. I figure pretty much every guitar shop in the entire country hangs them by their necks, so it’s probably not a major issue, and the damage has more to do with the material used, rubber for instance. But, again, there’s STILL a part of me that is worried. If I see anything like that happening, it’s game over.
Marking the Neck doesn’t worry me as my Guitars get used & bumped etc. by myself & a bunch of pro playing mates who I loan Guitars to.

What would really concern me is hanging a Guitar by the Neck with all that weight on the HS. The Join can take it but my Brain can’t.

All my Guitars live in their cases when not being played.

:cheers2:

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Nice! Keep the Pauls on high!

Can you tell us about construction, wall material, mounting hooks to studs or...?
The wood is poplar, stain is carrington, hooks are Hercules locking. The boards are nailed and glued, so are very sturdy, and the hooks feel very solid. If it was drywall I might be worried but this feels safe and sound.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beautiful room and display,.... not to mention the quality of all the instruments.

I have a bit of a collection,... but not for collecting sake though.... I play them all. When you reach 25 or more it becomes appearant that I need a mansion to display them. I got guitar money not mansion money.

I’m with @RAG7890 ...... I keep my heard in their cases just for a piece of mind..... I would be nervous wreck having them on hooks. ;)

DanD

Reaction score
:cheers:

Mine all stayed out for the same reason.

To be able just to pick one up on a whim.

I don't have kids in the house and the critters are locked out of the music room.

So I guess it's more the surroundings that matter.

Awesome room!

spoony

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
One thing that room says to me as I walk in. Time to play some guitar!

Congrats it looks great,

s

ESchmidt

Reaction score
That is a great collection and a wonderful setup!

rykus

Reaction score
Looks great, and a beautiful collection too!