New Ernie Ball Slinkys

Gibsonrocknroll

Premium Member
Reaction score

2020 Slinkys - March
ALL-NEW SLINKY GAUGES HAVE LANDED!
Ernie Ball welcomes four additional gauge combinations to its world-famous Slinky line of electric guitar strings, including Mighty, Mondo, Skinny Top Beefy Bottom, and Turbo Slinkys. These new sets feature the same great, bright and balanced tone that Slinkys are known for, now in never-before-offered combinations. Featuring nickel-plated steel wrap wire around a tin-plated hex core for that iconic Slinky feel and tone that players have relied on for decades.
Mighty Slinky
Mondo Slinky
Skinny Top Beefy Bottom Slinky
Turbo Slinky

JMP

Reaction score
The turbo slinky looks like something I need to try.

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
“Mighty Slinky” I’ll definitely have to try.
After having tried all gauges, from 0.08 to 0.13 high E (on electric, always in standard pitch!) I’ve settled on 0.09, which I find perfect for me, however it does vary from guitar to guitar: a Les Paul I own in particular sounds best with 0.08 whereas all others with 0.09 so 0.08.5 sounds rather intriguing...
Can’t wait!

judson

Reaction score
im hooked on beefy slinkys...11-54

anything else feels weird to me, and sounds like a bee hive of pissed off bees

:dunno:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
The Mondo set sounds perfect for my Strat.

snapper818

Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this sooner , after going thru several gauges for the past 10 years.. I finally settled on 8s (EB extra slinky ) .. but I always felt it lacked a little bit of chug from the low e that I like from the 9s.. I just bought some Mighty slinkys I think this will be the answer to my dilemma.. I will let you guys know when I get them !

5F6-A

Reaction score
I still can't get my head round these gauges

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
When it comes to strings, I think more options is more better. While the gauges may not be for you or your guitars, they may be exactly what someone else is looking for. It’s all good!
Why stop at a string maker's choice? If this experimenting gets folks excited, go for broke and create the set you want. I cannot confirm this, but I have it on an authority from someone (with serious credentials) I trust, that these are D'Daddario strings. If they aren't, they are as good as them, or Slynkys.

NotScott

Reaction score
I am tempted to try the Skinny Top Beefy Bottom. I have been using their standard 10s for years but I always wished the wound strings were a bit beefier.

jbash

Reaction score
I am tempted to try the Skinny Top Beefy Bottom. I have been using their standard 10s for years but I always wished the wound strings were a bit beefier.
Try the Ultra Slinkys 10/13/17/28/38/48.

Latest Threads