New Era for Nudes: Playboy Magazine Ends

NRBQ

Reaction score
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it.

First, Playboy announced the end of Playmate of the Year, citing "Inclusion" concerns.

Now, they are ending the print magazine, citing the impact of Coronavirus.

Hype to drive sales, or hallmark of a transformed culture?

The last cover...

I thought they stopped doing nude pictorials years ago, ah but I still remember 1982 centerfold "Cathy" she was my idea of the perfect woman, dreams of Cathy even today.

worst-tattoos-cat-butt.jpg

NRBQ

Reaction score
^ No wait, that's not her...there she is...
shjaa9upr92iaj9i.jpg

gadafi

Reaction score
I too discovered the old mans Playboy stash at a young age and still remember as a 3 year old thinking something was missing.... a bit of butt crack, a touch of nipple, a tad of fluff.... 'WTH surely there's more to it than this' I recall contemplating.

Thank goodness for Larry Flynt, he set me straight.

jb_abides

Reaction score
I too discovered the old mans Playboy stash at a young age and still remember as a 3 year old thinking something was missing.... a bit of butt crack, a touch of nipple, a tad of fluff.... 'WTH surely there's more to it than this' I recall contemplating.

Thank goodness for Larry Flynt, he set me straight.
Like a gateway drug.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I love the "girl next door" look.... major would. And wood!
My go-to birthday present for a buddy is to find his birth/month Playboy. I get them off eBay. VERY cool to peruse those old copies. Reading real time reviews of classic albums. And the ads are amazing; hi-fidelity stereo gear, booze, watches, etc. And yeah, the hot chicks who looked attainable.

jb_abides

Reaction score
My go-to birthday present for a buddy is to find his birth/month Playboy. I get them off eBay. VERY cool to peruse those old copies. Reading real time reviews of classic albums. And the ads are amazing; hi-fidelity stereo gear, booze, watches, etc. And yeah, the hot chicks who looked attainable.
Melinda Windsor. Miss February 1966

Wonder if she's a royal? Nope...

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if back far enough girls with real boobs. And they were all different unlike many of today’s “perfect” man made jobbies.
I love reading old magazine articles and reviews as they’re often an interesting snapshot into the times and pop-culture.

Last edited:

jb_abides

Reaction score
Feb '66 cover girl "Sissy" has a prominent place on my boudoir next to my Vag-scented candle!

all that, plus Girls of Rio... and reads by Fellini, Nabokov :cheers:

Latest Threads