New Epiphone Nancy Wilson Nighthawk

fry

Reaction score
Just saw this. Pretty darn nice looking guitar, ebony fretboard. Case included, $529. I always liked the Nighthawk, but the previous version had the middle pickup, which I don’t care for. This looks like a lot of value for the money.

Nancy Wilson Fanatic Electric Guitar Outfit Specifications:
Body
  • Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
  • Top wood: Figured Maple
  • Body wood: Mahogany
  • Body finish: Gloss
Neck
  • Neck shape: Rounded C
  • Neck wood: Mahogany
  • Joint: Set-in
  • Scale length: 25.5"
  • Truss rod: Standard
  • Neck finish:
Fingerboard
  • Material: Ebony
  • Number of frets: 22
  • Inlays: Pearloid
  • Nut width/material: 1.69 in. (43 mm) GraphTech
Electronics
  • Configuration: HH
  • Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
  • Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker Open Coil
  • Control layout: Master volume Master tone
  • Pickup switch: 5-Way
Hardware
  • Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
  • Bridge design: Individual saddle
  • Tailpiece: String thru body
  • Tuning machines: Vintage-style
  • Color: Chrome
Other
  • Number of strings: 6 String
  • Case: Hardshell Case

• BBA284AB-F349-46F6-9D06-819817DD2A5A.jpeg

DrBGood

Reaction score
Neck shape: Rounded C
That will sell some.

fry

Reaction score
I bought something off a guy one time and he had one of the original Gibson versions. He raved about it, absolutely loved it. I had the previous Epiphone version, just for a brief while. Overall I liked it, but again, not crazy about a middle pickup. I also thought the inlays on the fretboard were a little too fancy. The worst thing was it turned out to be very neck heavy, reminiscent of a lot of SG models. I think that was the dealbreaker. I’m liking the look of this Nancy Wilson model much better. The previous one looked like this.
F9D9A411-AA59-4FB4-B580-60DD50338EF0.jpeg

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I bought something off a guy one time and he had one of the original Gibson versions. He raved about it, absolutely loved it. I had the previous Epiphone version, just for a brief while. Overall I liked it, but again, not crazy about a middle pickup. I also thought the inlays on the fretboard were a little too fancy. The worst thing was it turned out to be very neck heavy, reminiscent of a lot of SG models. I think that was the dealbreaker. I’m liking the look of this Nancy Wilson model much better. The previous one looked like this.
View attachment 513036
I had the same nighthawk and the same experience with the middle pickup, and the neck was too small, and I didn't like the bridge pickup. The new Nancy version looks great.

privateer1967

Reaction score
I had this Nighthawk for awhile, guitar sounded great and felt Awsome to me, but I had lots of issues with the electronics, so I traded it off. Kinda wish I hadn’t

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I just don't like the shape that much, although I hear it is really easy to play.

Latest Threads