NEW Epiphone Les Paul Custom Blackback Limited-Edition Electric Guitar Antique Ivory

darkvoice

Reaction score
New version of Epiphone Les Paul Custom Blackback Limited-Edition Electric Guitar Antique Ivory is out, this time with new style headstock and large diamond.
This is essentially LP Custom with black back and different pick-ups.

I loved old version, hopefully new one is as nice as it looks!

Priced at $729.

As a Black Friday promotion Guitar Center offers $100 off (price is $629).

The Les Paul Custom Blackback is a limited-edition electric and part of Epiphone's Inspired by Gibson Collection. Honoring the 1950s classic designed by Les Paul himself, known as the "tuxedo" version of his groundbreaking solid-body masterpiece, the Blackback electric features the specs and appointments of the original. With a traditional Custom-style mahogany body and ebony fingerboard, this limited-edition electric feels just like the original 1950s instrument. Additional features include gold hardware, ProBucker humbuckers with CTS electronics, Grover machine heads and Custom-style inlay.
Features
  • Mahogany body and neck
  • SlimTaper neck profile
  • LockTone ABR bridge
  • Grover Rotomatic tuners
  • Dual ProBucker pickups
Specifications
Body
  • Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
  • Body wood: Mahogany
Neck
  • Neck shape: Slim Taper
  • Neck wood: Mahogany
  • Scale length: 24.75"
  • Truss rod: Standard
Fingerboard
  • Material: Ebony
  • Number of frets: 22
  • Inlays: Pearloid Block
  • Nut width/material: 1.69"/GraphTech
Electronics
  • Configuration: HH
  • Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
  • Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
  • Control layout: Individual volume, Individual volume, Individual tone, Individual tone
Hardware
  • Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
  • Bridge design: LockTone ABR
  • Tailpiece: Stopbar
  • Tuning machines: Sealed High-ratio
  • Color: Gold
Other
  • Number of strings: 6 String
  • Orientation: Right-Handed

Epiphone LP Custom Blackback Ivory.png

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I prefer the original Ebony or White Les Paul Custom over that one. I think I kind of liked it at one point, but now it is not really appealing to me anymore. I think since I got my LP Custom and my Lazarus, I am stoked and it is hard to top it.

moreles

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's less attractice than the familiar versions. The PUs, particularly, just look like crappy Gretsch/Gibson mashups. I don't particularly like banana-yellowed white LPs (though I have one!) but I'm no fan blah ivory, either. Compared with a Fender vintage white, it's a distant second place. I like what Gibson and Epiphone are trying to do, but I don't find this one to be particularly distinguished.

matchman

Reaction score
Been sitting on the fence as I like this model. Price shot back up $100. Bummed.....

DrBGood

Reaction score
This guitar goes right to the edge of having too much bling ... and then stops. Anything more would be too much. I think it is a FABULOUS guitar.
LOL ... it depends on your bling tolerance level. Anything with gold is synonym with Liberace and/or Rococo for me.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I bought one of these models for my brother on his 50th B-Day though it was a 2020 it came with the old head stock. I never got to play the guitar but it deff looks cool and now with the new headstock and ebony board i think i want one now!!

Latest Threads