New Epi Bonamassa for 2014???

SkylineUK

Reaction score
I just had a promo email from Epiphone ref. the Joe Bonamassa Pelham Blue. Highlights/info gleaned:

• 'Free' Bonamassa hand-signed tab book (choice of six) if I order online via the email link (??from Joe Bonamassa's company direct??) They say they ship internationally but inbound duties and taxes will apply of course, oh, and it'll probably arrive in a number of pieces....
  • I've already ordered mine from Andertons in the UK so I guess I won't be getting the free autographed tab book.
  • 'Special Price' - not $1,165 (£689?!?!) but $699.00 (£414 as of today but I'm paying £529...) I assume $1,165 is full list price.
  • 'Weight 25lbs'. Obviously a typo!
  • 'Estimated worldwide production 1,000'. Allows a get-out on the 'limited edition of 1,000'.
  • 'Limited production for the year 2014 only'. Further allowance for 'strictly limited to the number we can sell'!
  • 'Scheduled to ship on or around July 14, 2014'. So non-US availability is about end of July then.

hrfdez

Reaction score
I just had a promo email from Epiphone ref. the Joe Bonamassa Pelham Blue. Highlights/info gleaned:

• 'Free' Bonamassa hand-signed tab book (choice of six) if I order online via the email link (??from Joe Bonamassa's company direct??) They say they ship internationally but inbound duties and taxes will apply of course, oh, and it'll probably arrive in a number of pieces....
  • I've already ordered mine from Andertons in the UK so I guess I won't be getting the free autographed tab book.
  • 'Special Price' - not $1,165 (£689?!?!) but $699.00 (£414 as of today but I'm paying £529...) I assume $1,165 is full list price.
  • 'Weight 25lbs'. Obviously a typo!
  • 'Estimated worldwide production 1,000'. Allows a get-out on the 'limited edition of 1,000'.
  • 'Limited production for the year 2014 only'. Further allowance for 'strictly limited to the number we can sell'!
  • 'Scheduled to ship on or around July 14, 2014'. So non-US availability is about end of July then.

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

25 lbs?:laugh2: that is a Bonamonster, lol......

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score

KRaZeE

Reaction score
I didn't think Joe had a Pelham Blue Les Paul. :hmm:

JB-Gear.jpg

I didn't think Joe played an Epi either :hmm::rofl::rofl:

Sorry couldn't resist :cheers:

N_050114J1_r.jpg

N_050114J3.jpg

Joe said:
There's not a day that goes by that there's not an Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Goldtop in the meet and greet line. It's been a really great guitar and now I'm excited about the new Pelham Blue model. I played mine on "Slow Train" at the Ryman Saturday night and it played and sounded really great! The pickups are hot and the electronics are nice. And I tell ya, the necks on the Epiphones are very consistent. Every one of these I pick up is consistent and I think it's great. I've seen a ton of them, probably 500 over the past couple of years, and they are just very consistent.

And I love the new Pelham Blue. It's kind of been the color of the year for me. We did a couple Custom Shop models in this color and it's become my new favorite color. It looks great on stage and of course it has the black back that I guess is becoming my trademark. It's fun and it sounds great. It's such a great value too.

Sorry...couldn't resist. :naughty:

SkylineUK

Reaction score
The 'live' photo with the obvious spotlight and carefully positioned Marshall is a studio posed one in my view.

I don't kid myself - if I were Joe I would optimise my income with tie-in deals of this nature. All part of being a professional rock/blues guitarist. You could say the 'puffs' are slightly misleading - why play an Epi when you have some of the most excellent vintage guitars on the planet? I own the JB goldtop and really like it, one of the best in my collection (which includes a terrific Gibson 1976 Custom) and that's why I've ordered the Pelham Blue. Roll on the end of July! :fingersx:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The 'live' photo with the obvious spotlight and carefully positioned Marshall is a studio posed one in my view.

he's pretty sweaty which would seem to indicate more live then studio.

...look how polished and reflective the frets are though....that I find interesting.

Because they sure don't arrive like that when you or I buy one.

Epi frets (imo) are their one shortcoming.

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
he's pretty sweaty which would seem to indicate more live then studio.

...look how polished and reflective the frets are though....that I find interesting.

Because they sure don't arrive like that when you or I buy one.

Epi frets (imo) are their one shortcoming.

Seriously. If someone invented a fret dressing machine there they'd own the market. Sadly they never come with the frets setup well. Average is the best you can usually hope for.

rem22

Reaction score
. If someone invented a fret dressing machine there they'd own the market.
wow, fantastic idea, one of MLP luthiers should consider doing this machine a become a billionaire ;)

As a photography amateur, I don't think the photo is posed.
If you get credentials to take some shots from the pits (usually you have 3 songs, at least where I live) you can totally get this kind of photo.
Clearly this photo has been resized, it's not the classic 3:2 or 4:3 format, the Marshall gives some dynamic to the bottom left of the photo, it's here on purpose.
Seems like a solid "live" shot to me.

Louie

Reaction score
...and it's so portable, just chuck it in your gig bag and dress them frets between sets! ;)

Unsung Heroes

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I thought there was some info that accompanied that photo concerning which gig and even which song he played it on..?
thinking.gif

I don't doubt for a moment that it was done purely to make the cash till ring once more, but as I've said before, the mechanics of the business don't dampen my enthusiasm for Epi or Joe one bit
thumbsup.gif

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Maybe it didn't sell much....:hmm:

thomann.de did offer it too

Latest Threads