New Epi Bonamassa for 2014???

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
Yup. It was announced at NAMM. Basically the same guitar as the first sig except in Pelham Blue.

cilizal

Reaction score
Yeah, couple of days ago, IMO not so great looking, I love Goldtops...

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I didn't think Joe had a Pelham Blue Les Paul. :hmm:

JB-Gear.jpg

MrJudd77

Reaction score
I have a feeling he soon will have one in Pelham Blue

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I have a feeling he soon will have one in Pelham Blue

Generally when a sig model is made it is from a guitar that a musician uses, one that guitar players can identify with. So basically they are just throwing Joe's name on a Pelham Blue Epiphone. I'm sure it's the JB Goldtop with the blue finish instead. Oh wait, it comes from the "Custom Shop". :laugh2:

Pjetar

Reaction score
Not a fan of the pelham blue on the Bonamassa, i would prefer a goldtop or delicious burst.

ThinLizzy

Reaction score
Agreed. Why not just make it a production model. But a burst would be nice!

GuitarRUSH

Reaction score
Ugly color. I guess Epiphone wanted to phase out the model or something.

ThinLizzy

Reaction score
I'm guessing they're just trying to preserve the "collectability" of the gold ones. Remember how upset people got when they released a second and third run of these?

djphelan01

Reaction score
Remember how upset people got when they released a second and third run of these?

They say the blue one is limited to 1000 just like the GT was supposed to be. I guess if it's a big seller they'll do the same and make more. I think their meaning of limited run is they are limited to how many sell. If 1000 sell that's their limit, if 10,000 sell that's the limit.

Not a fan of the blue. I do own the GT which I really like.

SkylineUK

Reaction score
I have the Gold Top and it became my go-to gigging guitar, really nice to play. I'm tempted to get the Pelham blue, as not long ago I had my Marshall amp and Zilla cab recovered in powder blue!

LPofBorg

Warranty Voider
Reaction score
I kind of wish they would take the goldtop specs and such and do a run of bursts. I'd definitely buy another in a Honeyburst.

hrfdez

Reaction score
I am a Gibson loyalist, but I really like this guitar.

I have never tried the GT version and I will like to know from the hardcore Epi owners what they think about this new model.

I'm thinking about buying one:)

I'm not asking if I should buy one, not my style, but asking more about its attributes in comparison to the GT version.

Thanks guys!:)

Unsung Heroes

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Given that the specs are the same, other than the finish, I would imagine the attributes would be very similar
thumbsup.gif

hrfdez

Reaction score
Given that the specs are the same, other than the finish, I would imagine the attributes would be very similar
thumbsup.gif

Thanks!:thumb:

Unfortunately, I don't have a place by me where they are going to have this in stock, arghhhhh! Therefore the silly question, LOL....

Sustainamaniac

Reaction score
I personally like the blue, but I prefer it on a custom. Still an awesome guitar though!

Latest Threads