New Edwards E-LP model?

sandmannn69

Reaction score
Does anyone know contact information for that store? Even with the help of Google Translate I'm unable to figure out how to contact them or whether they ship to the US.
I got an email reply, said they don't ship outside Japan.

<Quoted reply>
I'm sorry.

It is not possible to send it out to foreign countries.

Thanks
<Quoted reply>

Marco78

Reaction score
Most of the guitars/bass over the 100 number are limited editions, e.g. the E-112 Jimmy Page, the Jeff Beck Telegib, the 128 Red Hot Chilli Peppers etc. and are NOT listed in the catalog!

:hippie:
Ok Joe, thanks!!! GASSSSSSSSSSSSSS for Edwards!!! Oh my gooodddd!!

A question for all: the all-laquer finish, can influence the sound of the guitar?

If I'd get two edwards; ls 98 and 130, with same pots, caps, pickups and harware, is there some differences of sound between two guitar? Do someone try this???

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok Joe, thanks!!! GASSSSSSSSSSSSSS for Edwards!!! Oh my gooodddd!!

A question for all: the all-laquer finish, can influence the sound of the guitar?

If I'd get two edwards; ls 98 and 130, with same pots, caps, pickups and harware, is there some differences of sound between two guitar? Do someone try this???
I think there would always be some slight differences between two guitars with the same electronics just because of the different lumber pieces used and the different weights. I doubt they would be that significant though.
I think the 130 is just a 98 body that is finished differently and drilled for CTS pots.

Marco78

Reaction score
I think there would always be some slight differences between two guitars with the same electronics just because of the different lumber pieces used and the different weights. I doubt they would be that significant though.
I think the 130 is just a 98 body that is finished differently and drilled for CTS pots.
ops! :shock:

I have get a Edwards LS 90, don't cts pots mach with the pots holes??? Should I enlarge this holes?

PS: Does Edward LS 139 use different woods?

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have get a Edwards LS 90, don't cts pots mach with the pots holes??? Should I enlarge this holes?
Good question Marco, actually the CTS pots may in fact be "Japanese" size as I believe ESP orders special CTS pots.

I don't believe they would use different woods but the fretboards on Edwards seem to vary a lot with very light and very dark rosewoods used.

Marco78

Reaction score
Good question Marco, actually the CTS pots may in fact be "Japanese" size as I believe ESP orders special CTS pots.

I don't believe they would use different woods but the fretboards on Edwards seem to vary a lot with very light and very dark rosewoods used.
ok Wulfman.

For the Tokai I have read that ls 85 (or similar) have closer holes respect to LS 150 that uses cts caps. For the edwards I don't know...
Joebonsai have changed japanese pots with cts on Ed Ls85 jr.. :hmm:

joebonsai

Reaction score

PS: Does Edward LS 139 use different woods?
Yeap you have to enlarge the wholes!!!

:hippie:

h.-m. smith

Reaction score
Not much, between one or two millimeters. I used a Dremel for that, worked fine.

Japan poti on the left, US on the right.

Attachments

Edwards

Reaction score
I always contact Yasou via Ebay and then we do business off of Ebay. Save the Ebay bullshit fee... So your looking for Yasou's email and Groovin music web site??

This is the web store

GROOVIN WEB STORE

This is his email.

yasu0301@s3.dion.ne.jp (Yasuo Togawa)
This guy is the best!
I bought 2 Edwards from Yasuo, once in 2008, and again in 2013.
I also bought direct (the 2nd time) to get a cheaper price without the ebay fees.