New Edwards E-LP model?

joebonsai

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with these:

EDWARDS E-LP-125ALS HSB

EDWARDS E-LP-125ALS HSB

are these also a PM (pure material) or a kind of unreliced E-LP-130, with a pair of Seth Lovers?

Merry X-mas

:hippie:

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot damn!
I must admit that Edwards top carve are so damn spot on to a 50 Les Paul
The back looks like something different than their usual Asian mahogany as well :hmm: nice

gibiphone

Reaction score
Joe that's something interesting there. They claim its all lacquer, yet as you noted the pickups are Lovers and not Antiquities. Also no mention about the internal electronics. So not an unreliced 130, but probably something close.:hmm:

Gabriel

Reaction score
shit. I should have waited 2 months. :( Looks sweet!

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the ESP 2011 catalog and it is in in there with one finish option as "cherry sunburst". There is a picture of the control cavity which looks to be the same CTS parts as the 130. If I can scan and post the catalog section later I will.

Cheers,

Wulfman

Kølabrennern

Reaction score
Seems like they finally started doing the body binding so that it's clear and crisp all the way around from the top side view, nice! That and the slightly off-shaped portion of the body on the upper bout (which it appears they haven't done anything to) were really my only two minor gripes with Edwards.

tonebone

Reaction score
Very cool. Someone in the Edwards office had a good idea. Must've been lurking on our forum.

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score

Excuse the crappy scan with the strange lines across the finish, it was the first attempt on our new scanner. You can see the CTS pots and PIO condenser though.
Edit: I just noticed it is "All LAcquer" which makes this one of the cheapest, if not THE cheapest MIJ guitar to offer this glossy lacquer finish. I guess when you spray it in China the rules are a bit looser and the employee time doesn't matter so much.

gibiphone

Reaction score
Yep, what you are showing in the catalogue is very very close to a 130 without the relicing. Its got the proper internals, just a difference in the pickups--Lovers vs Antiquities. This is more what I was looking for when I bought the 130. Glad to see that they are now doing it.

GRuggier

Reaction score
Thanks for the scan! Gonna have to buy this soon as its availabe!

tonebone

Reaction score
yes, veneer . . . but this is easily the most bang fur the buck going right now. This has it all goin' on.

If they could do this also in a plain top, non veneered (1958 style) they would have it all sewn up. (you listenin' over there . . . ?)

It is . . . my most humble opinion, ESP Edwards-san.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit me rikey & want one!!

slapshot

Reaction score
any other colours in this all laquer series?