New Donkey Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago Bling and I took a trip a couple hours from home to meet Chocolate Chip, a donkey who was for sale. I was interested in him to train for driving to eventually pair up with my other large driving donkey. I loved him and made arrangements to pick him up today.

We got there and his previous owners wanted to load him up, but they were folks who didn't seem to know a whole lot about training so they were loading him in and he backed up off the trailer and tried to catch his balance and kicked out and kicked me right in the back of the hand. It's swollen, bruised and hurting, but thankfully not broken!

We got him home safely and he and my other donkeys became instant friends. He is a real sweet guy! He meets the big horses officially tomorrow.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, it really was about donkeys. Who knew?!

I thought it was another Bling thread.

leftyguitarman

Reaction score
Awesome! I love donkeys. They're some of the coolest creatures on the planet.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice ass! (sorry somebody had to say it.)
Thanks, six, for taking the burden off so many of us.
And you did it early in the thread. Got it out of the way.
Thanks again. :cool:

leftyguitarman

Reaction score
I agree, I love my donkeys. They are more fun and easier to deal with than horses IMO. They have great personalities and are super smart!
Yep! When I lived in Arizona, I'd go out bird hunting at about 5 am and find a good spot to post up until sunrise. One day I walked through some brush to find about 25 wild donkeys. They had a few with them that were maybe a week old. They were curious, but skiddish, and wouldn't let me get close. It was still cool seeing them though. It's amazing how many truly wild ones live in Arizona. (And I'm not talking about the ones in Oatman; I'm talking about ones that are miles from civilization)

BTW, my mom loves donkeys, too, so I'm probably gonna email her your pictures, if you don't mind.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep! When I lived in Arizona, I'd go out bird hunting at about 5 am and find a good spot to post up until sunrise. One day I walked through some brush to find about 25 wild donkeys. They had a few with them that were maybe a week old. They were curious, but skiddish, and wouldn't let me get close. It was still cool seeing them though. It's amazing how many truly wild ones live in Arizona. (And I'm not talking about the ones in Oatman; I'm talking about ones that are miles from civilization)

BTW, my mom loves donkeys, too, so I'm probably gonna email her your pictures, if you don't mind.
Sure, you can email them :) I'd love to see them in the wild! I'd also love to adopt a wild burro from BLM one day, when my others have passed on, which will be quite a ways down the road. I have 3 donks and 2 horses- so that is plenty for me to handle at the moment- but one day!

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im glad everyone, other than you hand =( , made the trip safely =)

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
im glad everyone, other than you hand =( , made the trip safely =)
Yeah, my hand will be ok...it hurts and is turning some ugly shades, but hopefully it won't be so bad tomorrow. It wasn't his fault, if he had really wanted to kick me he'd have broken every bone in my hand most likely. Just a freak accident- they were loading him in kind of dumb, and let him come back off the trailer. Paul and I were just shaking our heads lol, until he got me that is..then I was trying not to jump around and let out a string of obscenities at the top of my lungs :laugh2:

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
When I was a much younger skwirrel I dated a number of girls from a neighbouring school, which was opposite a field full of donkeys (well, okay, three!).
Anyway, the years go by.
Now I live in a house that was built on that field.
No more donkeys but the school's still there.
An all-girls school.
Needless to say, my buddies clubbed together and bought me a pair of binoculars as a "moving-in" present (single old guy living opposite an all girls school? I was never going to get away with that).
If only they held the same appeal as they did thirty five years ago, I'd have been in locked up loooong ago.
Actually do still miss the donkeys though.
:D

Mule Train

Reaction score
Cool. He looks happy with his new found friends. Give him a treat for me!

Rankelson

Reaction score
Chocolate Chip is a handsome Fella

I bet he will be a lot happier with you folks

I have always had an affinity for Donkeys
since i rode one as a child on a beach in South Wales

Alot of ladies have called me Donkey

but my ears are not uber Large ??
:wow:

Caleb

Reaction score
That's awesome. I have a HUGE soft spot for animals.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Happy New Donkey Day!

:):):)

He's a good-lookin' critter, too!

This is the second donkey whose name I actually know. The first one was named Milky Way...

Sorry to hear about your hand, though! Seems like life on the Snake Lady Ranch has hazards all its own!

Best of luck with him!

--Robert :)

Caleb

Reaction score
Happy New Donkey Day!

:):):)

He's a good-lookin' critter, too!

This is the second donkey whose name I actually know. The first one was named Milky Way...

Sorry to hear about your hand, though! Seems like life on the Snake Lady Ranch has hazards all its own!

Best of luck with him!

--Robert :)
Yo, Robert. We are all waiting for the tome about the historic relationship between donkeys and the mystical side of New Orleans. Hook MLP up! :laugh2:

SSL, sorry for the derail, I just had to take a friendly shot at a bud. :)

Latest Threads