New Danelectro Guitar

smk506

Reaction score
A friend of mine had one of the late 90’s-early2k’s versions and I always though it was a cool guitar. Not especially useful, but a lot of fun and it did sound great banging out open chords.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
The official description:

NEW FROM DANELECTRO FOR 2020! The vintage ones cost more than your first car! This painstaking reissue features our Vintage 50’s Lipstick Pickups, adjustable bridge, and other cool vintage touches. Available in beguiling Jade finish or Limo Black.

• Single cutaway shape
  • Semi-hollow body with center block
  • Composite/solid wood construction
  • Scale length: 25”
  • Fretboard radius: 14”
  • Neck Shape: C
  • Nut: 1.65” Bone nut
  • Neck Joint: Bolt-on
  • Neck Wood: Maple with double acting trussrod
  • Fretboard: Pau Ferro
  • Number of frets: 21
  • U3 intonatable saddled bridge
  • Tuner: 3 on a side Gotoh Head machine
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • 2 Vintage single Lipstick® bridge and neck pickup
  • 2 stacked Volume and Tone pots
  • 3-way pickup switch
  • Adjustable bridge
  • Cool vintage touches
  • Available in Jade finish or Limo Black
  • Made in Korea - fabulous build quality, premium inspections
  • Fits in the Dano gig bag and the Superior Quality Trailpack gig bag

fleahead

Reaction score
Have a Longhorn bass, 2nd one. Great short-scale, wish they reissued the long scale short horn. Ever since I saw Golden Earring live in the '70s I wanted one. Bought one back then, sold it and now a re-ish is back in the studio. Great, identifiable tone and good bang for the buck

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
You can’t beat the price on these, for what they are. It would be nice if it came with a gig bag or case....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bud has an older one with silver sparkle bass boat paint. Sounds cool beans with slide....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just listened to that vid.... Cool tonez.

Pappy58

Reaction score
Can you get them? A friend of mine tried for months to get a Dano 12 from Sweetwater and they basically told him the factory (in Sk I guess) was shut down. :eek2: Then it was stated they were discontinuing several models. Since theseare new for 202o though I suspect they might be available at some point. Looks cool. I have this:
IMG_1592.jpeg

DADGAD

Reaction score
I was really close years ago to having a mahogany body made for my DC59 to see if there was a difference. Still intrigues me.

Telechamp

Reaction score
Yeah thats what my buddy was after. None to be found.
Yeah, you don't see them around too often these days, that's for sure. I definitely should have kept mine. I sold it when I bought a Rickenbacker 12-string (360/12).

I love the Ric, but I should have kept the Danelectro as well...

Last edited:

Lesterdelphia

Reaction score
It's about time they installed truss rods.
Even vintage Danos from the Neptune NJ factory had truss rods....they just weren't adjustable (basically just a steel reinforcement rod running down the neck). The first Korean made re-issues back in the 90's had adjustable rods but you had to remove the neck to get to the heel adjustment (IMO, PITA). I had a 90's U2 in an amazing cream/blue burst but had a luthier cut an access notch in the body to get at the rod w/o removing the neck. The new ones now have a headstock accessible rod adjuster, fully adjustable/intonable bridges and overall are very well built, excellent playing and sounding guitars.

Latest Threads