New Conversion project- the ultimate original centre seam flametop!

kakerlak

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd do P-90s and a wraptail, but this'll be super appealing either way. With the original finish gone and that top underneath, absolutely zero reason to re-gold it. I am pretty curious what sort of bridge/tailpiece setups this has had over the years -- hard to figure what would've gone in some of those holes.

Look forward to seeing the process on this one!

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd try to match the grain with some maple dowels to fill in those holes and ... oh yeah, P90s.

zowenso

Reaction score
How’s this coming along? Can’t wait to see how it’s turning out.

zowenso

Reaction score
How’s this coming along? Dying to see the progress.

yamariv

Reaction score
I've given up on this thread long ago..Have we even heard from the OP since the first post??

zowenso

Reaction score
I've given up on this thread long ago..Have we even heard from the OP since the first post??
I don’t believe so. Yeah, I’ve been thinking about this since he posted it and then I couldn’t find the darn thread until someone helped me. I’m hoping the OP comes out of no where with a killer post of the project.

bungle

Reaction score
This is not a poll thread. Lots of opinions, people $hitting on the op. Hopefully there will be an update some day. Edit : ah just noticed the post two back. :thumb:

deadlyweasel

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Yuuki is a busy man, there are many projects he is taking on all at the same time. These things are not to be rushed. To do something right takes time.

deadlyweasel

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Yuuki is a busy man, there are many projects he is taking on all at the same time. These things are not to be rushed. To do something right takes time.

Truth011

Reaction score
The only problem with that top is that it is so spectacular people will think it's a re top. I can't wait to see the guitar finished. And see the final weight!

1981 LPC

Reaction score
Is OP posting his progress somewhere else?