New Classic Day

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a mint condition 2008 Gibson Les Paul Classic in Honeyburst. Not on scratch or imperfection anywhere.

I’m definitely adding Nickel plated pickup covers once I decide to keep the original pickups. If not a set of ‘57s will go in.

027E510A-18FC-490B-81FD-2DC0FF590C04.jpeg

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that's SWEET ❤️ ❤️ CONGRATS!!! I like those "1960" pickguards and I agree, pickup covers will really add to it

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classics rule…my number 1 is an 07 plaintop hcb

honeyburst plain tops are elegant, yet mean looking

yours is perfectly faded and I couldn’t be happier for you..

I always cover my pups too and if u get good covers they will be tight enough to not need solder…

Play her in good health….long live the les Paul classic :h5:

-chris

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats. my way to Les Paul enlightment began with a nostalgic purchase of an Ibanez LP copy, which lead to a Classic 1960. That lead to a Historic and for some strange reason all my money disappeared.
I had the same problem after about 12 Historic’s. Another R8 down the raid for me.

Brazilnut

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always cover my pups too and if u get good covers they will be tight enough to not need solder…

-chris
Hey, Chris...you don't solder your covers? I tried that once, and one of em buzzed like a little bee, and got all microphonic on me, too. And it seemed to fit very well. I put a little silicone glue on the PUs before I put the covers on, too, just in case...

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Chris...you don't solder your covers? I tried that once, and one of em buzzed like a little bee, and got all microphonic on me, too. And it seemed to fit very well. I put a little silicone glue on the PUs before I put the covers on, too, just in case...

no…I have a few times but I also am not afraid to slightly bend the corners if need be or buy until one fits crazy tight…

im a bedroom player so am not moving alot…

years ago I was swapping pup covers on my es les Paul…and I cut my finger really bad with a razor trying to get the cover off those amazing mhs pups…since then, never solder as I don’t want to gouge myself again…

-chris

gball

Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a mint condition 2008 Gibson Les Paul Classic in Honeyburst. Not on scratch or imperfection anywhere.

I’m definitely adding Nickel plated pickup covers once I decide to keep the original pickups. If not a set of ‘57s will go in.

View attachment 665508

Hell of a nice Classic. Congrats

gball

Reaction score
no…I have a few times but I also am not afraid to slightly bend the corners if need be or buy until one fits crazy tight…

im a bedroom player so am not moving alot…

years ago I was swapping pup covers on my es les Paul…and I cut my finger really bad with a razor trying to get the cover off those amazing mhs pups…since then, never solder as I don’t want to gouge myself again…

-chris

I always add covers to PUPs that don't have them. I use the Gibson covers and I do always solder - I put a small strip of electrical tape on top of the bobbins and try to get them as tight as possible and have never had any trouble with microphonics.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always add covers to PUPs that don't have them. I use the Gibson covers and I do always solder - I put a small strip of electrical tape on top of the bobbins and try to get them as tight as possible and have never had any trouble with microphonics.

my solder joints look like someone gave a toddler a tube of silver toothpaste…

-chris

Brazilnut

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 665508
Actually, those might already be '57s! I had a 2008 Classic Antique that came stock with uncovered '57s.

Latest Threads