New Car Day!!!!!!!!

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I found an intake manifold on ebay for a real good price. He was concerned that a hold was placed on the funds. He asked me to give him a call and I did. The guy lives in FLA. He has 12 or 14 124's. :applause: A few 850's. A Lancia or two. We had a great conversation. He told me that Paypal is putting a 21 day hold on the funds based on his previous inactivity. He's also shipping me a correct ignition switch for $25 and a couple of catalogues in the same box tomorrow.

parts

Reaction score
The Webers are $$ rebuilds..but worth while. I had triple SU HD8s..then 3 DCOE on my last E Type...great sound on song..

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
i remember finding the aluminum intake for the 455 buick block i put together.

i felt like i won the lotto when i got it for $50. (in 1991)

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a line on two Webers built for that manifold. One was working when it was removed. The other is iffy. Both for $60. I only need one. The guy told me the auto Tran is the same GM used in the Chevy Citation.

Last edited:

redcoats1976

Reaction score
when i had my pontiac tempest i worked after my real job at a restoration shop owned by a friend.got a nice 67 400 build and another guy gave me a GTO judge intake and carb for reupholstering his judge convertible.this car(judge) was actually featured on the speed channel along with a hemi road runner.it was a thrill to see the camera pan into that nice white interior and have my work shown on TV.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
when i had my pontiac tempest i worked after my real job at a restoration shop owned by a friend.got a nice 67 400 build and another guy gave me a GTO judge intake and carb for reupholstering his judge convertible.this car(judge) was actually featured on the speed channel along with a hemi road runner.it was a thrill to see the camera pan into that nice white interior and have my work shown on TV.
What Year Tempest did you have redcoat?

Mine was a 1967, 3 speed on the floor, OHC (chain driven) 6 cylinder, all Burgundy inside and outside, bench seat in the front. Quick off the line but that was about it.

It was my first car.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
I saw one for sale yesterday in St Paul - my buddy can't seem to stop himself from cycling through assorted euro sports cars.

That one was sort of coppery brown, the red is so nice.

Beauty.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
What Year Tempest did you have redcoat?

Mine was a 1967, 3 speed on the floor, OHC (chain driven) 6 cylinder, all Burgundy inside and outside, bench seat in the front. Quick off the line but that was about it.

It was my first car.
1966 2 door,white.400,4 barrell carb,big cam,headers,and a modded turbo 400 trans.it was quick but thirsty.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
What I am wondering here is why none of my three kids ever bought me a car! They all expected me to buy them cars.

Latest Threads