New Car Day!!!!!!!!

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score

fett

Reaction score
I am 6'6" tall. What worries me is if I can't get out of the damn thing. :Ohno: Many years ago, I had a shot at buying an XKE for 5K. I went to the seller's house to take a look. I was able to get in the car and that was about it. The box was so narrow I couldn't get my size 15 feet to fit. :run: :rofl:

Last edited:

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Nifty!

Its hardtop twin (the 124 Sport) scared the livin' bejeebus out of me when I was six years old.

My dad got orders to Germany, Oberammergau in the Alps. So we took the boat over (this was 1968, ocean liners were still a thing), train from Le Havre to Paris, plane to Munich. There we were picked up that night by Papa's new colleague Col. Milburn and his wife.

Mom and my little brother and our luggage went with Mrs. Milburn in the big American station wagon. But Papa and I went in the 124 Sport with Bob Milburn, who fancied himself an Italian born in the wrong place. Specifically, he fancied himself an Italian racing driver born in the wrong place.......

The first leg of the drive was Autobahn- fast, but not especially scary (I was tired and dozing anyway). But then, at Oberau, you get off the A95 and have to take the road over the shoulder of the Laber up and down to Ettal: the twisting, hairpin-bedecked road with sheer cliff up on one side and sheer cliff down on the other... Gott in Himmel!

If you've ever seen the Aston Martin -Ferrari race through the Alpes Maritimes at the beginning of Goldeneye, you sort of get the idea. Except it was pitch-black dark and the road was wet.........

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Dad had one of those in the mid 80s. He had a TR6 before that. Fun cars.

fett

Reaction score
It's not easy. I can't get over the condition. It's great. The top looks new. Not only that, I was able to sit in it just fine with the top up. It's a chick magnet. :dude: I had a TR6. That's a story for another time.
1597795063158.png

Last edited:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You done raised that boy right. What an awesome car.

Olds442

Reaction score
i think my lawn mower takes up more room in the garage than that car would.

congrats, that's a beauty. enjoy.

fett

Reaction score
Dad had one of those in the mid 80s. He had a TR6 before that. Fun cars.
I had a TR6 land in my lap a few years ago. I let a gal park her freshly painted green TR6 under my carport at my summer home. I thought it was going to be for a few days. Nope. It stayed parked for 2+years. She made one attempt to retrieve it. She went to the mobile home right next door and the owner, a friend, said he didn't have it. All she had to do was look in the next driveway.:doh: I never got her name or a contact number. It was mine!!! There was only one problem. I couldn't fit in it. My son and I towed it to a State Patrol Station to get it ID'ed and he filled out the paperwork to establish ownership. The car is in his garage waiting for the tall granddau to turn 16. :dude:

fett

Reaction score
The bald guy is the same guy who is supposed to get my '65 Mustang off of jackstands and on the road. It's only been 5 or so years. It makes no nevermind to me. It's really hard to use a 4 speed floor shifter with no right forearm. :dude:

Olds442

Reaction score
manual gear box 1965 mustang is worth big bucks. sell it off. you don't need that any longer. pocket some bucks. :cheers2:

or not. :D

fett

Reaction score
I kinda promised the Mustang to the Family. Not only that, I would feel weird selling it after what they have done for me during my arm issue and giving me a car. :dude: I forgot. That balled guy is the same guy who put a new engine in my 1977 Dodge Custom Van.:applause:

fett

Reaction score
I was checking Offer-up for Fiat stuff. I found a listing that was 7 months old for two Weber carbs that are what I am looking for. WTH, I sent a message and the carbs are still there.:thumb:

Latest Threads