New Car Day!!!!!!!!

fett

Reaction score
I hope my 70 year old bones are limber enough. :Ohno::run:We are already looking for upgrades. The '79 intake manifold is said to starve the engine. A '78 is a must. That may require a better carb. I haven't even seen the car and the list gets longer.o_O

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
My son kept bugging me to get rid of my Aerostar to make room for a vehicle. He likes to buy cars and I figured he just wanted space. I was in no hurry. He finally had to tell me why. He bought a car for me as a birthday present. It's a 1979 Fiat 124 Spider. It's an automatic and it's red. This isn't it but it looks like this. I was a little miffed that I didn't get a cake. This is way better. :dude: View attachment 481852
Beats the Toyota Rav4 Hybrid I got a couple of week ago then. Congrats, wow what a Birthday present, you have a wonderful son and should be very proud of how you have brought him up. Props to you

Now go enjoy that thing!

dave b

Reaction score
That's a cool toy. Good thing it's a convertible. Aren't you well over 6 ft tall?

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Congrats on the car. Wonderful son. Enjoy.

Love that car and the red looks great. Fell in love with Fiats.
I always wanted one of those.

My younger brother had an Fiat X19; their midship 2 seater.
That thing could corner and handled like sweetness.
Love midship autos.

sonar1

Reaction score
ABarth exhausts, Weber carburetors, Pirelli radials, and Koni shocks were the rage when those were popular.
Nardi steering wheels too.
And get a leather key fob and shift knob, driving gloves (if you can find them anymore),
Carello driving lights, and a navigator that looks like Jaqueline Bisset.

Olds442

Reaction score
so when does it arrive? we need pics. that is a ridiculously cool ride.

fett

Reaction score
I don't know. My son is meticulous. He needs to tinker with it a little more. This thing had been stored since 1989. He will make sure it is as shippa stata as it can be for me. I don't think he intends to kill me by sabotaging the brakes. :Ohno:

Last edited:

dspelman

Reaction score
:laugh2: But at least the old school stuff is easy enough for your relatively lay person to fix. Not a bad thing.
You're not lying. Friend of mine has one of those to drive when his Ferrari is in the shop having its entire engine pulled in order to spit shine the sparkplugs. I think the car cost him far less than one of his Ferrari services.

fett

Reaction score
My son told me there is a receipt for brake service done at a Ferrari shop. The bill? Over $1000.o_O

redcoats1976

Reaction score
My son told me there is a receipt for brake service done at a Ferrari shop. The bill? Over $1000.o_O
thats pretty easy to believe,firestone wanted to charge that much for a complete brake job on my wifes 1993 nissan sentra.got all new rotors,drums,pads,shoes,etc. for about 300 bucks.

fett

Reaction score
I am not going to rely on this car to do anything but get to my supermarkets. 5 miles round trip in style. This one has a 3 speed automatic. It was made by GM. Carbs are easy to find. The Holley 5200 is a direct copy of a Weber and was used on all kinds of cars in the '70's. Where's my Spider?!!!! :run: :run: :run:

Latest Threads