New cans....

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Learning Logic Pro on my Macbook Air M1 16G/1T.... Needed some good cans so after a bunch of reading and such, ordered a set of Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro open backs.... Had it narrowed down (in my price range I was willing to dance in) the 1990s or the Neuman closed backs that were a hundred bucks cheaper.... I decided on the Beyers.... Got em in today, connected em to the Macbook and Dayum.....

A lifelong bud of mine that does music for tv and film outside of Nash uses the Audeze LCD 2 cans and recommended those but I couldn't justify a grand for cans.... He said they were the best he's ever heard.... It was easier for me to. justify the 600 Beyers than a grand for the Audeze.... He told me go for good open backs regardless of what I picked... He was right...

I was a bit concerned with them being 250 ohms but I read the Macbooks will drive almost anything without an external DAC.... They are killer....

So far I love em...

Just wondering if anyone else uses the 1990 cans and has some time on em.....

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It’s cute the way you think you can still hear at your age.

Wait, this isn’t the Backstage? Ooooops. Sorry. :iough:
Hah! My ears still work pretty damn good.... Can't say that for everything but I got ears... ;)

LPSGME

Reaction score
All things being relative, I decided to try a headphone - studio rooms simulation program called Sienna. I've had it a long time but haven't had time to di any recording of late. In any case It seems to offer quite a bit. Acustica-audio.com offers demos of all their stuff.

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The new Slate cans coming out has plugins that simulate specific known high dollar control rooms......

Technology be jumping now....

Latest Threads