New Cab Day Orange 2x12 OB

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am picking up my new Orange 2x12 OB tomorrow, I can't wait! My local dealer always gives me the best prices ever

I originally was going to get the larger 2x12 but I couldn't justify the size and weight, and although I love the huge tone I get from the large closed back, once I played through the OB, I really loved the booming airy tone and had to get it.

26320737003_7419fde6d8_b.jpg

26651767510_5d6b3d439b_b.jpg

This guy is awesome, and a perfect match for my orange Rockerverb MKIII

lespauldawg

Reaction score
Orange cabs are quality build product...congrats!
The reason I bought a PPC112

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's TERRIFIC, Jean Luc. CONGRATS!!!! How much lighter is the OB?

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
That's TERRIFIC, Jean Luc. CONGRATS!!!! How much lighter is the OB?

It's surprisingly light compared to my 1x12, it's only a few pounds heavier. Compared to the full sized 2x12, the open back is half the weight hahah.

I played my tiny 5 watt Blackstar through it and the amp sounded huge

lespauldawg

Reaction score
The ability to sound huge seems to be the common denominator with these Orange Cabs.
I specifically wanted a smaller more efficient cab (my needs) that also can brighten up and place emphasis on a"bigger sound in a smaller package"
It appears Orange Cabs fit the bill!
I was impressed with anecdotal evidence!
My recent experience of playing Mini Dirty Shirley on a 1x12 cab was eye-opening, ​to say the least!

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
The ability to sound huge seems to be the common denominator with these Orange Cabs.
I specifically wanted a smaller more efficient cab (my needs) that also can brighten up and place emphasis on a"bigger sound in a smaller package"
It appears Orange Cabs fit the bill!
I was impressed with anecdotal evidence!
My recent experience of playing Mini Dirty Shirley on a 1x12 cab was eye-opening, ​to say the least!

Yeah man I am also so impressed by their cabs, I always wonder why I see so many Orange cabs on tour, sometimes with other heads (Mesa, Marshall etc) But I see first hand why every time I try one of their Cabs, I love their 4x12 too, they sound awesome

Latest Threads