New Bridge and Saddle

Colu41

Reaction score
I'm restoring an old cheap LP style for a buddy of mine. I was a little worried with replacement parts as I didn't know if they were standard size or not. So I ordered a new Bridge and Saddle. The studs for them fit snuggly in the current holes but definitely aren't or won't be press fit. Will this be fine? Could I maybe glue them in place? They fit snug with no wiggle but I can remove them by hand. Any tips would be great.

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm restoring an old cheap LP style for a buddy of mine. I was a little worried with replacement parts as I didn't know if they were standard size or not. So I ordered a new Bridge and Saddle. The studs for them fit snuggly in the current holes but definitely aren't or won't be press fit. Will this be fine? Could I maybe glue them in place? They fit snug with no wiggle but I can remove them by hand. Any tips would be great.
The best fix would be drill out the holes smooth with a drill press, and glue in tight fitting dowells, and sand flush to the surface. Then when dry, re-drill the bushing holes and press the bushings in.

Colu41

Reaction score
The best fix would be drill out the holes smooth with a drill press, and glue in tight fitting dowells, and sand flush to the surface. Then when dry, re-drill the bushing holes and press the bushings in.
Ok thanks. Any other options?

moreles

Reaction score
Epoxy is your enemy. Hard to undo (high heat works) and a vibration killer. If the studs don't wiggle, Titebond or even Elmer's would be best, IMO. There's a lot of string tension/pressure holding that stuff in place. I find the doweling/drilling easy to do, but unless you know what you're doing, it's easy to make things worse. If it's a near fit, just not tight, ordinary glues are best, I think. Sometimes just the moisture and glue body is enough to ensure a tight fit.

greenhorn

Reaction score
What about scuffing the outside of the bushings and adding some solder to slightly increase the diameter so it fits tighter?

Assuming the bushing is fairly tight already, do you think that would work?

Latest Threads