new batch of Epiphone Alex Lifeson Axcess Les Paul's?

warmachine

Reaction score
I've seen the backstory on this guitar being backed up from as early as mid 2021. Has anyone obtained a 2022 example yet? If so has the price or features changed?

I find little info listed on Epiphone's site and still see some dealers only taking reservations as of now.

warmachine

Reaction score
Where are you seeing preorders being taken?

I was clicking so many links in google and ebay and reverb I cant recall the dealer. Pretty sure it came up in a google suggested seller but I blew it off cause I was only interested in an in stock item.

Reaction score
No, not seeing any new ones. Just the usual selection of used ones, and new ones going for $200 on AliExpress. (Surely, a value if ever one existed!)

darkvoice

Reaction score
Guitars from original batch are all gone.
As far as pre-orders go - don't have your hopes up. I had my preorder with one dealer for months, they kept telling it's backordered, so I finally cancelled it in June.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Guitars from original batch are all gone.
As far as pre-orders go - don't have your hopes up. I had my preorder with one dealer for months, they kept telling it's backordered, so I finally cancelled it in June.
I had one paid for on the org batch last yr. Waited a few months then cancelled and got something else. I don't see any more of these any time soon either...

syco

Reaction score
I don't know why Epiphone won't make more of the guitars that sell , instead of producing guitars ( Muse ) that hardly anybody wants .

Spirit

Reaction score
There are now 3 uk retailers advertising with a 7-8:week waiting time.

rbraad68

Reaction score
There are now 3 uk retailers advertising with a 7-8:week waiting time.
Back when I had mine paid for and waiting for it to come in stock. I had read an article on these things. Stating they had only released these in CAND and were going to stop production due to some issues they had with the Floyd Rose system fitting issues. They had stated that it would be late 2022 before you could expect more of these. So it makes sense that these are starting to surface about now - ish. I had cancelled mine for this exact reason. I didn't want to wait over a year for one. So maybe we will start seeing these come into stock who knows with Epiphone these days.....

syco

Reaction score
If I might inquire ....... What is the appeal of this guitar to you fine individuals ?

Reaction score
If I might inquire ....... What is the appeal of this guitar to you fine individuals ?
I want a guitar that has an integrated piezo. The Floyd would be appreciated, too, along with the various pickup configurations.

Just looks like a versatile ‘guitar system’.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I want a guitar that has an integrated piezo. The Floyd would be appreciated, too, along with the various pickup configurations.

Just looks like a versatile ‘guitar system’.
You can buy a graph tch bridge with the piezo built into the saddles. I wanted this guitar at first but after reading about it there just seems like way too much shit going on in one guitar for my taste...

syco

Reaction score
ZZ Sounds is showing they will be available September 1st .
Axcess.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
Thats about right too. The article I was reading said mid to late 2022 before these thing would be availble again.. I have a feeling that these are going to be worth money in the long run. That is if they don't make a metric shit ton of them !!!

Spirit

Reaction score
There’s always the pro fx if your after floyd and coil split,Me I think I will grab one of these if/when they are at my local dealer ,big time rush Fan so hopefully they will be available

dspelman

Reaction score
I don't know why Epiphone won't make more of the guitars that sell , instead of producing guitars ( Muse ) that hardly anybody wants .
Most of those are stock production items that become signature guitars with a change in the paint job.
The Lifesons require a different carve and the cooperation of an outside source for the FRO with the Graphtech Ghost saddles and electronics. Planning for a guitar like this starts many months before production commences and they have no idea what the reception for these might be until it gets here.

Given the current supply chain issues, they can't be very agile with their production to retail offerings.

dspelman

Reaction score
There’s always the pro fx if your after floyd and coil split,Me I think I will grab one of these if/when they are at my local dealer ,big time rush Fan so hopefully they will be available
If that's ALL you're after, yeah. The Lifeson also has a carved neck heel and a carved tummy cut, an FRO with Graphtech piezo saddles and electronics as well. The neck heel makes a notable playability difference if you're working in the upper reaches, and the tummy/rib cut makes the guitar more comfortable, and the piezos offer some sonic advantages.

I don't care much about aping Rush, so I picked up a couple of Agile's AL-3200MCC offerings. This is a guitar like the Lifeson, but with neck-through construction, a slightly thinner body, the same neck carve, the same tummy cut, and you can get it with a Floyd. The only thing missing is the piezo setup and the price tag (when they were last in stock, they were $649, and some were offered with 24-fret necks, compound radius, jumbo frets) https://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_AL-3200MCC_Black_Flame_Floyd_Rose.html .

darkvoice

Reaction score
There are extra steps in making Lifeson guitar compared to a regular Les Paul - they need to cut additional openings in the body, install tremolo, work on the heel. Non-traditional parts needed to be sourced as well. All these things make guitar more expensive, I am just not sure how much profit is in these guitars vs additional expenses.

Because of the extra effort I don't think Epiphone can just make one more small batch, it's a lot more involved than that.

Latest Threads