New Band Day. (Band Drama thread no 3,435)

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Remember,

It's not you, it's me

We've just grown in separate directions

Life is calling me towards another direction

We can still be friends

you never give me head anymore.

....wait, scratch that last one. I'm reusing a speech,........the rest still applies. :laugh2: :laugh2:

So What

Reaction score
Moose Knuckle...?

I would never have joined that band in the first place.

120.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The_Sentry

Reaction score
:laugh2:

The bass player named the band...in fact, he was insistent on that name.

Shame, too. The one time he tried to book a gig by himself...we were denied because that's defined as a penis in the Urban Dictionary.

:rofl:

Oh well...

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah the first thing I thought when I heard that name was, "Five Knuckle Shuffle"

...chicken choking
...monkey slapping
....tugging the turkey neck

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Too bad Finger Bang is already taken...

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I just got back. I gave notice....surprisingly, it was an amiable split. On to other things! :)

martin H

Reaction score
yeah the first thing I thought when I heard that name was, "Five Knuckle Shuffle"

...chicken choking
...monkey slapping
....tugging the turkey neck

The "rattlesnake shake" per Fleetwood Mack

Arzachel

Reaction score
If you talk to your bandmates, be prepared to be accused of being a "soulless killjoy who sucks all the fun out of playing and needs to just relax and let everyone do their thing"

I one had a business card made that said exactly that. To translate:

Soulless = Does not understand the true extasy of playing while totally drunk and F***ed up, and that this feeling is soo good that nothing else matters, especially the audience

Killjoy = Objects to one hour out of a of two an a half hour rehersal being used to smoke dope in back room. Requires all musicians to be able to stand at the end of rehersal

sucks all the fun out of playing = objects to wasting 30 minutes of remaining rehersal time on a "blues Jam" to let people get "warmed up." Insists that rehersal is for practicing difficults parts of songs and arrangements not playing the easy parts that sound good over and over again

needs to just relax = needs to quit bitching just because:
(1) bass player shows up an hour late to gig becaue of "heavy situation" with girlfriend;
(2) Guitarist shows up without effects pedals ( "I thought they were in the bag")
(3) Two minutes before contract says band is to start playing, singer disappears for 30 minutes
(4) Guitarist declares that "this is a rock and roll club, it must be ok to smoke dope in the dressing room" shortly before entire band is ejected without pay.

let everyone do their thing = allows member of band with profound depression to have veto power over everthing he doesn't like, which is just about everything different from the current set.

Be prepared

that's spot on

I have pulled the plug on a couple of band members coz of this stuff they are still in the band though and more committed

quality takes effort

Latest Threads