NEW BAD-A$$

WILDBILL59

Reaction score
I hav just joined this Forum/Website so I could show some people this awesome axe I just got, as I have not shown anyone this new GIBSON CUSTOM I got a two months ago.

2019 GIBSON Les Paul Custom VOS, EBony/Ebony Fret-Board, CUSTOMBUCKERS !

and the picture is too big for the server, FFS !!!

N E WAY, I waited since 2012 for this Guitar to be made, NO RICHLITE, NO ROSEWOOD, an Ebony Fret-Board was a MUST !! and CUSTOMBUCKERS STOCK !! not 490R & 498T P-Up's. The guitar I got has the exact same specs as the 2019 '68 Les Paul CUSTOM Re-issue except mine is 9 Hole Weight Relieved (weighs in at 9 Lbs. 14 Ounces) and lacks Pickup covers and was $2500 less ! Everything else is the same. I really hoped to be able to show a group of Les Paul enthusiasts something I waited decades for and then when I could afford one, in 2012, GIBSON goes and puts a man-made fret-board on the LP Customs, ICFBI ! So, I waited and waited and waited, and finally I found this Guitar, an exclusive Custom Shop GIBSON made for Zzounds .com and one or two other on-line retailers (American Music Supply?) but IDK who...The guitar ticked all the boxes: Ebony Fret-Board, Mother-of-Pearl Double-Cut Diamond Headstock and MOP Big Block Fret-Board In-Lay 's and most importantly CUSTOM-BUCKER Pick-Up's (as far as I know and have seen, something that is not on any Custom Shop regular production model issued Lester's since 2011, they all have the 490R/498T Alnico II's) and Gold Hardwared Grover TM.s, Corian NUT and OMG, the CHUNKY 'C' Neck is solid as a ROCK !......needless to say THE GUITAR IS MAGNIFIQUE and I am really soo sorry if you wasted your time reading this and can not see a picture of this beauty because I am unable to post a picture of it here. Believe me I tried, I really did !. I wasted half an hour setting up the account and writing this e-mail and then trying to upload a picture of the guitar........and I cant. I CAN'T ! FFS....SMH.
AAD8FAC9-CF52-443A-8F03-7BC917152152.jpeg

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
wildbill, edit the picture down a bit, or use an image hosting site like imagur..

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Yes. Yes it did.

:hmm:

Photo Editing 101.

WILDBILL59

Reaction score
If you’re using your phone there’s options. When you select the pic to upload it should ask if you want to use the actual size or scaled down View attachment 501619

View attachment 501620

@WILDBILL59
THANKS BRO, the pic should be here and I also inserted the picture in the original post, your advice worked ......Thanks again Bro, U ROCK !!! the Guitar is not as Brash as my 2017 Les Paul STANDARD w/Burst-Bucker Pro's/Alnico 5 Magnets...this has Custom-Bucker ALNICO 3 Magnets and they are pretty different , more articulate I would say.....The EBONY Fret-Board is the best Fret-Board I have owned since my 1979 SG Standards' Ebony Board...this one has MOP In-Lays and blows the '79 SG Neck/Fret-Board away ! its really as BAD -A$$ a Les Paul as you could find without getting into the RE-Issue Models and Signature models... it is a Regular CUSTOM shop Production model, a 2019 Les Paul CUSTOM VOS...and I got a great dealio on it.....and I got it just befoire it sold-out too and now the Bolivian Rosewood necks are the only one's left and I WILL PASS....for my CUSTOM Shop $$$$ its gotta be Ebony Fret-Board w/MOP Double Cut Diamond In-Lays and a Chunky C Neck & Custom-Buckers STOCK or I am not buying it !!! They cost too much to not get what I want on the guitar...I waited 7 years for an LP CUSTOM w/Ebony Board/Custom-Buckers..STOCK and here it is, WORTH THE WAIT it is!

Attachments

Last edited:

Side Burns

Reaction score
NP Bill,

Now thats a a heck of a pair!

Thanks for sharing.

welcome to the circus we call My Les Paul

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
That tuner has been clipped there since 1979 MP4-22, LOL.

WildBill59, I’m always so happy when someone gets their dream Les Paul, with all of the details they want. I am very much like you, there are certain attributes my Les Paul must have, or I don’t want it at all. I totally get where you are coming from.

Enjoy the new guitar, stare at it, polish it, hold it and all of the stupid things we do when we get a new guitar. Congrats.

WILDBILL59

Reaction score
NP Bill,

Now thats a a heck of a pair!

Thanks for sharing.

welcome to the circus we call My Les Paul
Wow, thanks Bro...i actually wanted to post a pic The LP CUSTOM and my 2017 LP Standard...but clicked the SG Standard by Mistake.....The new CUSTOM is soooo BAD-A$$ !! My 2017 LP Standard is no slouch either, once I got it dialed in right, BAD-A$$ as well.

WILDBILL59

Reaction score
That tuner has been clipped there since 1979 MP4-22, LOL.

WildBill59, I’m always so happy when someone gets their dream Les Paul, with all of the details they want. I am very much like you, there are certain attributes my Les Paul must have, or I don’t want it at all. I totally get where you are coming from.

Enjoy the new guitar, stare at it, polish it, hold it and all of the stupid things we do when we get a new guitar. Congrats.
Thanks Bro, I will and have already, LOL !!! I wanted one of 'em since 1983, but it had to have those exact specs,and FINALLY ! Of course, I do not like to put the CUSTOM down now, its not many guitars that make you feel honoured to play 'em...its definitely one of those.

WILDBILL59

Reaction score
Wild Bill gorgeous guitar man.

you rock man don’t ever change
Oh I won't, I just keep ROCKIN' ! ! U kno, that looks like the same Snub-Nose Detective special that I have ! Mine is a Taurus 85 5 Shot.......compact, portable and ...LETHAL ! Cheers Bro !

Latest Threads