New Amp! Peavey VTM 120

BigLou

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on buying a new amp for another year but when a friend of mine said he was selling his amp, because he needed money to help buy a used car, I pounced on it. Its a Peavey VTM 120. It has four 6L6GC power tubes and four 12ax7 preamp tubes and is 120 watts of pure ground shaking tube power!:thumb:

I had this exact same head about 18 years ago. I got it when I was 17. Sold it cheap when I was about 22. I have regretted not taking better care of it and keeping it for a long time.

When I met my buddy Greg a couple of years ago I couldn't believe he had the same amp. His was in almost perfect condition though. I've been jamming with him every once in a while and it was nice to play through this amp when I go over to his house. He said he'd never sell it.

Well he did sell it, and to me! Here's a couple of pics.
biglou-albums-my-pics-picture9183-peavey-vtm-120.jpg

biglou-albums-my-pics-picture9184-peavey-vtm-120.jpg

He sold me the head and 4-12 peavey cab for $400.:D

analogsystem

Reaction score
Congrats man!
Every single time someone I know asks about a great sounding tube amp for rock that is either loud, reliable, cheap, or all of the above :) I recommend the 120 or the butcher!

BigLou

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

When I went to pick it up I asked him if he was sure he wanted to sell it. Without hesitation he said, "No, but i need that car."
Then his wife said that they felt good about selling it to someone who can appreciate the amp and knows how to use it.

Score!

randygt

Reaction score
Man I've had 3 different vtm's...2 vtm 60's and a 120....I absolutely regret selling them....my first vtm 60 came with celestion g12k speakers in the cabs....I was a fool for selling those

Gunner

CEO Teen Axe Leader
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Whoa, lots of power. Great looking Amp and Cab. Congrats.

BigLou

Reaction score
Thanks Gunner.

Man I've had 3 different vtm's...2 vtm 60's and a 120....I absolutely regret selling them....my first vtm 60 came with celestion g12k speakers in the cabs....I was a fool for selling those

My first VTM 120 half stack had the celestion cabinet too. That cabinet was stolen from me. A drummer we were jamming with faked a break in at his house and said the cabinet and a bunch of other pieces of our band's equipment got stolen. I didn't find out until years later that he actually sold our stuff to buy drugs. By then he was too far gone to track down.

This Peavey cabinet has Sheffields in it. They sound good.

Latest Threads