New Amp Day

Yaff

Reaction score
Since picking up the guitar again about 4 years ago, I have been searching for my tone.

Two years ago I found my guitar (R8) and now i have found my perfect Amp:

1st Amp - One of early Vox Valvtronics combos, which was fun, but failed to excite.

2nd Amp (about 3 months later) - Orange TT Combo (12" speaker) which sounded fantastic, but still left me wanting more.

3rd Amp (about 6 months later) - Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 Head & 4x12 Cab. Loved the tone, but as only playing at my home / studio, always felt that I was not getting the best out of it. It loved to be cranked.

4th and Final - Orange Dark Terror Head matched with my Marshall VM 425 Cab. At the volumes I play, with my R8 and my play list, its simple perfect !

If your looking for something for home and love classic rock to metal, highly recommend you give one a try. And to get the full benefit of this amazing lunchbox sized amp, try it with a 2x12 and 4x12 Cab, as you will be amazed by the simplicity and tone.

As it took me some time to discover what theses Amps are capable, I though I had to share.

All the best.
:)

stealthelephant

Reaction score
If ur ever looking again check out the marshall 1 watters
Mine works so well I forgot how to dial decent tone from pedals....

Hnad

Yaff

Reaction score
If ur ever looking again check out the marshall 1 watters
Mine works so well I forgot how to dial decent tone from pedals....

Hnad

As my plan is to get a second small amp at some time (so I can use them like a 2 channel amp), will give the Marshall a try.

Thanks !

nauc

Reaction score
did you try this...

OROR15H.jpg

Lolly

Reaction score
Since picking up the guitar again about 4 years ago, I have been searching for my tone.

Two years ago I found my guitar (R8) and now i have found my perfect Amp:

1st Amp - One of early Vox Valvtronics combos, which was fun, but failed to excite.

2nd Amp (about 3 months later) - Orange TT Combo (12" speaker) which sounded fantastic, but still left me wanting more.

3rd Amp (about 6 months later) - Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 Head & 4x12 Cab. Loved the tone, but as only playing at my home / studio, always felt that I was not getting the best out of it. It loved to be cranked.

4th and Final - Orange Dark Terror Head matched with my Marshall VM 425 Cab. At the volumes I play, with my R8 and my play list, its simple perfect !

If your looking for something for home and love classic rock to metal, highly recommend you give one a try. And to get the full benefit of this amazing lunchbox sized amp, try it with a 2x12 and 4x12 Cab, as you will be amazed by the simplicity and tone.

As it took me some time to discover what theses Amps are capable, I though I had to share.

All the best.
:)

Congrats! :thumb:

Clips?

Latest Threads