NEW Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Custom

mfranzdorf

Reaction score
The teeth on that bug. Man, I don’t know about that.
Sweet guitar though!

Standard 64

Reaction score
Gluing a small round mirror over the inlays looks cheesy.Video was awesome.

jbash

Reaction score
70s Silverburst? Cool.

Have no idea who the dood is. But I know Trogly is always talking about him and his guitar whenever a Silverburst is mentioned, so I'm guessing he's more of an attraction to Millennials.

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can keep it, I’d rather have a real ‘79 custom.

Also predict a thread merge in the near future.
reverb has so many...
if I wasnt “building” a 12 string tele thinline I may buy this 78

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Cool guitar, but too rich for my blood (as are all signature guitars from Gibson).

For those who don’t know who Adam Jones is, he’s the guitarist for the band Tool. Tool formed in 1990, has sold over 13M records, and has won 4 Grammys. To be honest, I am personally not much of a Tool fan myself (just not my thing)... but AJ is definitely a cool cat and a great player. BTW, he is known for always playing a Silverburst (owns several from the 70s & early 80s)... hence this signature edition.

Last edited:

bhurst462

Reaction score
Adam, one of the best riff writers out there. I'm not sure where a lot of new bands would be without Tool's influence. Amazing player and amazing band. Even if you aren't a fan, it's hard not to respect what they have done for music.

danny

Reaction score
Can anybody can confirm That adam uses that pickup set up?

something smells wrong about those !
dint know why !
but i dont think they would put out exact replica!

i own a silverburts from 1980 and i love that guitar
Nothing can beat up a T-top on the neck
On the bridge there a few that might do the Job

theycallmegio

Reaction score
i always really loved this band.

I tried acid later in life and realized I was missing out a huge piece of their music.

ARandall

Reaction score
Can anybody can confirm That adam uses that pickup set up?

something smells wrong about those !
dint know why !
but i dont think they would put out exact replica!
There are conflicting reports......but either the Distortion or JB in the bridge position are the ones most associated with Adam's #1, which is what this sig model is based off. Its hard to know whether his comments on the exact model are accurate as he is well known for guarding his rig/setup details.
Personally I'd be wary of a JB in a LP......and for good reason. Its very picky about its host. In fact its very 'ice-picky' about its host more to the point. More than 1 person has complained about an obnoxious upper mid spike with that pickup loaded. The Distortion seems not to have the same problem......and has a tighter low end and more aggressive top end with no particular frequency spike.

MSB

Reaction score
not a fan, but i appreciate what he does.... that video cured me of ever wanting one though

danny

Reaction score
There are conflicting reports......but either the Distortion or JB in the bridge position are the ones most associated with Adam's #1, which is what this sig model is based off. Its hard to know whether his comments on the exact model are accurate as he is well known for guarding his rig/setup details.
Personally I'd be wary of a JB in a LP......and for good reason. Its very picky about its host. In fact its very 'ice-picky' about its host more to the point. More than 1 person has complained about an obnoxious upper mid spike with that pickup loaded. The Distortion seems not to have the same problem......and has a tighter low end and more aggressive top end with no particular frequency spike.
Yeah i have a Jb on mine and i kind a like it but it took me a while to get use to , have to dial very different on my amps
which its normal comming from a T-top so what iam gonna do its drop more pickups for testing one that i really like

i have this on my lisr

1. Gibson 57’s plus
2. Seymour Duncan Custom Custom sh-11
3 Seymour Duncan DDJ
4. Seymour Duncan Mark Holcomb

i am not trying to emulate but would be nice to know how he achives his basic core tone
i all ready have some those pickups just waiting to record some songs with the jb and move on to the next one

1all's Pub

Reaction score
I would agree with this assessment of the JB in an LP. Have tried it in a couple of LPs with exactly these results. Not my up of tea.

Latest Threads