New '68 RI LP lover

shark

Reaction score
1st post and I wanted to start off right...
bought one them new 68 RI triburst LP customs. Actually, dumped a PRS CU24 I hated and traded it on and walked off with the LP for almost nothin WOOT:applause:...made my day!

Owned a '73 LP custom many many years ago and sold it in the 1988 bec I was broke, hungry and lost my job. I hated to sell it but hunger does things to your body.

Took me almost 30 years to buy another LP (as shortly after the LP was sold I had bought a cheap martin d-16 to get me bye) .that was the only guitar I owned for a very long time.

I have PRS,(1 left an HBII Artist) MARTIN OM-45 Custom, D-45, and D-16m and Gibsons now Les Paul 68 RI Custom and a 1993 Korina SG

I had a few more PRS and thought they were great sounding guitars. Till I unplugged all the pedals and went mano-y-mano amp and guitar only.The Gibsons, hands down are the best sounding best playing guitars I own...

Im not a collector but a player who plays all his guitars. They all must be played everyday...I love My Gibsons!!!

I need more!!!:fingersx:

heh yes I need to post the pics :)

GLP4me

Reaction score
Welcome to MLP and can't wait to see pics of that beauty.

Gunner

CEO Teen Axe Leader
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the darn best LP Forum on the Net!

shark

Reaction score
I will post this so I can remember to bring the flashdrive and pics...I tell ya Im finding more out about this 68 unofficial RI LPC..not an RI because Triburst wasnt an option in 68...also the MOP is real not pearloid. AS Customs then had real MOP being the flagship LP..A Solid one peice neck with long neck tenon and a 60's slim taper carve..57 PAFS pups..a very thin nitro cellulose finish..Its not as glossy as some other LP's and bec of that its going to relic nicely.11.2 lbs and not chambered feels like a tank and I love it..What more could one ask for in an LP you can afford?
I was impressed when I played it and now Im even more impressed with what they put into them :) but sorry for my lack of pics..Been working a lot trying to make some more money for another LP :applause:

so promise by next weekend to take some time and photo shoot the 68 LPC and the SG korina #313....

gem12

Reaction score
Hey,Welcome to MLP you will like it here.
Does it looks like this?:slash:

Latest Threads