New 65" OLED TV? What to do?

DADGAD

Reaction score
Pacific Rim is playing on our LG OLED display at work and I can’t help but stop and watch. Great, fun movie. Reminded me of my youth and watching Robotech.

Kamen_Kaiju

Tachibana Racing Club
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice.

The only UltraHD video I have is Batman VS Superman.

....I know I know,..don't rub it in. :laugh2:

acstorfer

Reaction score
Nice.

The only UltraHD video I have is Batman VS Superman.

....I know I know,..don't rub it in. :laugh2:
What’s really cool with that movie in 4K is when Batman is in the desert and there’s sand blowing all around him, you can actually see the sand. It’s not just a brown cloud. You get to see the actual sand that makes up the brown cloud.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Still at plain ol' 1080p with plain ol' LEDs.

Honestly I'll buy a 4k computer monitor before I buy a 4k TV.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Still at plain ol' 1080p with plain ol' LEDs.

Honestly I'll buy a 4k computer monitor before I buy a 4k TV.
I have a 4k monitor at home and 2 at work. Super practical. The prices aren't much different for 1080p and 4k TVs though, so might as well if you're buying one anyway. OLED is a different story. Definitely a step above.

My wife wants a newer TV in our kids' play room / guest room. I'm thinking, our bedroom TV goes there, living room tv goes into our bedroom, and we get a bigass the in the living room. Have a 49" right now, but I'll have to frame out the TV alcove we currently have to for a bigger one.

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
New 65" OLED?

What to do?

Revel in the knowledge that you bought the best possible TV display and laugh at everyone else who has a junk LED/LCD display, with motion blur and a shitty off-axis picture!

Well done, sir! No one ever regretted buying the best!
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

winexprt

Reaction score
65" OLED TV!???

Pacific Rim in GLORIOUS 4K!???

I knew you were a man of impeccable taste TheX!

Well done sir...well done.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I have a 4k monitor at home and 2 at work. Super practical. The prices aren't much different for 1080p and 4k TVs though, so might as well if you're buying one anyway. OLED is a different story. Definitely a step above.

My wife wants a newer TV in our kids' play room / guest room. I'm thinking, our bedroom TV goes there, living room tv goes into our bedroom, and we get a bigass the in the living room. Have a 49" right now, but I'll have to frame out the TV alcove we currently have to for a bigger one.
I watch so little TV that getting a kickass monitor and chair for my computer is more practical. Although now that I think of it I don't know if I'd go 4k or get one of those slick 21:9 Ultrawides.

TheX

Cool story, bro!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I both have 43" 4K monitors on our desktops. Totally worth it to use just one monitor.

Dilver

Reaction score
4K is cool. OLED is really cool. Pacific Rim is friggin’ horrible.

TheX

Cool story, bro!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dilver

Reaction score
I suppose you don't like Godzilla?
Love monster movies, sci-fi, Marvel, DC , Jurassic Park/World, all of it. But Pacific Rim was a crappy movie and the actors were horrible IMO.

TheX

Cool story, bro!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, gaming on this thing is ridiculous. Hooked up a gaming rig with GTX 1080 Ti card. DAYUMMM. I'm glad I didn't play it at someone else's house, i'd be jelly.

Latest Threads