New 1959 Les Paul Factory Burst

homerunjack

Reaction score
Still loving the axe, jamman. Got some great parts coming for it!

Anyway, I totally agree. Been put off by Gibson in the last few years because it seems like they have so many layers to their reissues. If a guy gets an R9, that's it, that should be as close to the real deal as they can get (under Gibson's own restrictions that is). However, year after year, they offer your run of the mill R9 and then a more accurate R9, and then even a more accurate R9. It never ends. I realize they're in it to make money, but what's wrong with offering fewer lines, especially in the reissue area?

I agree. And the Joe Bonamasa 58 VOS? Joe gets 1k for every JB model sold. 1k is rolled right into the price.

Mats A

Reaction score
No,Not the same.These are different.Neck profile,top carve,inlays,plastic,tuners ect ect are different.
These play and sound great as well.
The maple spline is in all of the reissue necks.
Here is one in cherry....
P7023280-vi.jpg

P7311752-vi.jpg
What exactly is the mahogany neck with maple spline? A fixed broken neck?

Ricmanx

Reaction score
Hi guys can anybody help me, I've just received a limited edition '59 factory burst in cherry,I notice the limited edition run should have VOS finish,but mine is has been finish in the full gloss not vos,does anybody else have a gloss model?

Mike60

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi guys can anybody help me, I've just received a limited edition '59 factory burst in cherry,I notice the limited edition run should have VOS finish,but mine is has been finish in the full gloss not vos,does anybody else have a gloss model?

I do...unfortunately it came with Burstsuckers instead of '57 Classics...

fbx001_zpsc04f30af.jpg

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the original box from Gibson what does the SKU say?

LPR9 *** or HB *** That number should have that info....its sort of like a VIN for a car.

the web page does say VOS too....

Ricmanx

Reaction score
If you have the original box from Gibson what does the SKU say?

LPR9 *** or HB *** That number should have that info....its sort of like a VIN for a car.

the web page does say VOS too....

Unfortunately guitar was not shipped in its original shipping box, enclosed is a picture of the guitar along with my other '59 reissue.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate it when that happens. If you really need to get to the bottom of this you can call Gibson Customer service and talk to a "Human" and ask what the sku is. OR

I just email Gibson anyway, for every RI I have, I keep a Data Sheet for insurance purposes and on there is the SKU

I email them with the serial # and get from them the Official color and the SKU's because its like a VIN and traceable to Gibson and their shipping date.

Its an expensive guitar and the more documentation the better.

If they would just send them damn things in the original carton I would not have to do detective work.

Yours might have two numbers because its a special run. But if the LPR9 # does not have VS in the string then its a gloss model.

I have found that the customer service is exemplary in answering for this, it might take a few days, or up to a week but they will get to it.

Good Luck! I am curious what you come up with.

Ricmanx

Reaction score
I hate it when that happens. If you really need to get to the bottom of this you can call Gibson Customer service and talk to a "Human" and ask what the sku is. OR

I just email Gibson anyway, for every RI I have, I keep a Data Sheet for insurance purposes and on there is the SKU

I email them with the serial # and get from them the Official color and the SKU's because its like a VIN and traceable to Gibson and their shipping date.

Its an expensive guitar and the more documentation the better.

If they would just send them damn things in the original carton I would not have to do detective work.

Yours might have two numbers because its a special run. But if the LPR9 # does not have VS in the string then its a gloss model.

I have found that the customer service is exemplary in answering for this, it might take a few days, or up to a week but they will get to it.

Good Luck! I am curious what you come up with.

Thanks for the info, I've been in touch with dealer and they are going to find out from Gibson for me, I'll let you know how I get on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 26

Latest Threads