Never mind a new Tele, I'll actually use this.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
My 30 year old, gifted to me zoom lens, a 28-105mm died of bent pins on the zoom. I could have went with the 24-105mm 3.5-5.6, but decided to pay 50% more for the f/4.0, as it has a huge light advantage at 105mm. But holy shit, it's a heavy mofo.

I just bought it about 40 min ago, and rushed down the two blocks to the Toucan to tell you about it :D
It looks just like this...

canon_L_ 036_1280.jpg

The red line on a Canon lens means "costlier than you wanted to pay."

But, I've said it before, I am better with a camera than I have ever been or will be with a guitar. Unlike a guitar, I will carry this everywhere.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
My 30 year old, gifted to me zoom lens, a 28-105mm died of bent pins on the zoom. I could have went with the 24-105mm 3.5-5.6, but decided to pay 50% more for the f/4.0, as it has a huge light advantage at 105mm. But holy shit, it's a heavy mofo.

I just bought it about 40 min ago, and rushed down the two blocks to the Toucan to tell you about it :D

View attachment 478792

But, I've said it before, I am better with a camera than I have ever been or will be with a guitar. Unlike a guitar, I will carry this everywhere.
That's the strangest Telecaster I've ever seen...

TheX

just some do0d
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a Redcat 51...lenses are important.

fry

Reaction score

View attachment 478792

How exactly do you attach that to your phone?

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have gone for the Telecaster. :laugh2:

I had a long discussion with myself last night about buying a new Epiphone.

ordered another Gretsch. :laugh2:
My cheapo Gretsch with the too long name is enough for me.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
EF mount. Just in time for the RF and Canon’s move to MIrrorless. Assholes.

I’ve got an older 28-70 2.8L. It’s incredible.

TheX

just some do0d
Premium Member
Reaction score
EF mount. Just in time for the RF and Canon’s move to MIrrorless. Assholes.

I’ve got an older 28-70 2.8L. It’s incredible.
One reason the Redcat was such an easy choice. It has mounts for virtually anything.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
One reason the Redcat was such an easy choice. It has mounts for virtually anything.
There are adaptors for just about every system out there. Still, it’s an annoyance to have another thing to deal with.

TheX

just some do0d
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are adaptors for just about every system out there. Still, it’s an annoyance to have another thing to deal with.
I get it, but the Redcat isn't using adapters to get around things. I just have different needs. I dumped a couple mirrorless systems at a loss, they didn't do what I wanted. I'm looking at CCD's now, to attach to my telescopes.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
I get it, but the Redcat isn't using adapters to get around things. I just have different needs. I dumped a couple mirrorless systems at a loss, they didn't do what I wanted. I'm looking at CCD's now, to attach to my telescopes.
Yes. COMPLETELY different shooting than I do.

This new R5 Canon is releasing will be by next body. 45MP, full frame mirrorless, 8K video. It’s a beast. It even has wildlife eye AF which is getting phenomenal reviews. We shall see.

Latest Threads