Neil Young Talks About His Experiences and Influences

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
An interesting clip. :thumb:
I enjoyed hearing him talk about all the musicians in the different sessions, the most unknown whose greatly known is a big part of so much music of a couple generations.

Can't play Chuck Berry's songs, you can't play rock and roll..

redking

Reaction score
He moderates his BS in accordance with his cohort of players, friends, and especially... his women.

His latest wife Daryl cranked the whizzer knob on douchey preaching settings.

This note's for YOU :cool:
Nevermind abandoning the mother of his kids to die of cancer in her 60's to marry Daryl H.

Last edited:

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Thanks for posting SK. Really enjoyed the second part talking about his gear.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
I loved his music when I was younger. I still love his music, but I think he's a preachy douche.
My first introduction to an artist is through their work. In many cases, a person's temperament and their works are two different things.

John Lennon, for instance gets a lot of idolizing for his work, especially that song Yoko wrote that he;s so famous for. But as a person and father his value as a human falls well over the egregious line..

Just because someone behaves like a dick isn't going to stop me from enjoying their work, and growing by learning from it.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
My first introduction to an artist is through their work. In many cases, a person's temperament and their behavior are two different things.

John Lennon, for instance gets a lot of idolizing for his work, especially that song Yoko wrote that he;s so famous for. But as a person and father his value as a human falls well over the egregious line..

Just because someone behaves like a dick isn't going to stop me from enjoying their work, and growing by learning from it.
When I was a kid, I thought if someone is a rock star they are immediately great and people I would like to be around. My parents did an awesome job of teaching me about the realities of the world. I experience zero hero worship (I have met people like Clapton one on one, etc. and didn't even get a semi). I respect their talents, but in no way do I want to be them, be friends with them or even be in their orbit. In my 30' and 40's I was in orbits with lots of celebs and they usually made me want to puke.

Neil was early on (maybe 7/8th grade). I thought he was awesome and so forth. It was around the same time I had the "No Nukes" album and one day I said to my mom (in the kitchen making dinner for all seven of us) "We should have no nukes." She looked at me and said "Why?" I had nothing. I have not jumped into a discussion so unprepared, ever since.

Thankfully, I learned to think for myself as I matured.

Now, I like music, I ignore virtually everything musicians say unless it is "...then put you pinky on the fifth fret of the low-E string..."

Last edited:

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I thought if someone is a rock star they are immediately great and people I would like to be around. My parents did an awesome job of teaching me about the realities of the world. I experience zero hero worship. I respect their talents, but in no way do I want to be them, be friends with them or even be in their orbit.

Neil was early on (maybe 7/8th grade. I though he was awesome and so forth. Thankfully, I learned to think for myself as I matured.

Now, I like music, I ignore virtually everything musicians say unless it is "...then put you pinky on the fifth fret of the low-E string..."
Life is a richer experience that way..

M@nChild

Banned
Reaction score
neil young is the reason i play guitar, as far back as i can remeber me and pops would sing home from day care down by the river or Moody blues wildest dreams.

Fuck i miss that old man!:(

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Can't stand him as a performer, and he whines and preaches more then Bono,

Bet he's interesting as hell when he's just shop talking or telling stories.
He's been there, done that, and survived it all.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Huge Neil Young fan right here.
The Crazy Horse live album Weld really changed me, and is one of my all time favorite albums.

My band did a cover of Crime in the City a few years ago. I think it came out pretty rocking.

Man oh man, I wonder if we're ever getting Archives Vol. 2. Every date he announces comes and goes, year after year, just like Vol. 1 did for decades. Don't get me wrong, though, those Archive series live albums are pretty spectacular.

Latest Threads