Need Tuners for SG Classic

Tanqueray

Reaction score
The previous owner of my SG Classic replaced the original tuners with a set of grovers. While they work fine, they add a lot of weight to the headstock. So I'm looking for a set of replacement tuners. Ideally I'd love to get a set of the original Gibson tuners, or at least ones that look similar. Maybe someone here has a set they took off their classic, or knows of where I might find something appropriate.

Here's some photos to nerd out over in the mean time.

Last edited by a moderator:

JCarno

Reaction score
Is it black or just dark cherry? Never seen a black one. Very cool!!
I have a red 2009. A beast!! :)

Tanqueray

Reaction score
It's called ebony stain and it's like a really dark brown color that you can see the wood grain through. I don't have a good photo showing it, but I was able to find a photo someone else took of theirs.

MSB

Reaction score
not sure if you're interested, but I have a kluson set with black tulips, came off a '13 lpj

Riffster

Reaction score
I use a version of Klusons that is marketed by TonePros, it is a direct drop in for Gibson USA guitars, with the bolting nut and a nicer metal button rather than plastic.

I just installed these today on an SG I am modding.

I paid $52 on eBay, I had to add my own beveled washers because this set comes with flat washers. Also, this set has nickel plating, I'm sure they make it in chrome.

rogue_one

Reaction score
Is it black or just dark cherry? Never seen a black one. Very cool!!
I have a red 2009. A beast!! :)
It's called ebony stain and it's like a really dark brown color that you can see the wood grain through. I don't have a good photo showing it, but I was able to find a photo someone else took of theirs.

There a photos of Allison Robertson (of The Donnas) playing a SG classic in the same finish.

WhippingPost

Reaction score
I'll check when I get home: I think I still have the set off my Classic. Send me a PM!

scozz

Reaction score
I put a set of Grover 135s on my Studio. They look original and work great!

Kris Ford

Reaction score

The color in this pic looks like factory fresh Walnut Brown from 1969. :D

Latest Threads