Need to modify my Telecaster - any hidden traps?

Chicago John

Reaction score
If you route the neck pocket deeper, you may get a nasty surprise of the neck screws (I mean the 4 big ones that clamp the body to the neck) making a surprise appearance on your fretboard. Depending on how deep you route, you may have to use shorter screws.

dju

Reaction score
from what I am understanding, the saddle height adjustment screws are to short and are set to deep into the saddles and you are uncomfortable with them being so deep correct?
buy longer ones and replace the short ones. I did this but in reverse on some of my guitars. on the outer strings where the saddles are lower the screws would stick up above the saddle and there would be a ruff edge when resting my hand on the bridge. I got shorter screws of different lengths and picked the one that would set just below the saddle when at the correct saddle height. do a search for set screws. and from my mistake the vintage and modern bridges used different screw thread sizes so make sure to verify the size you need. unfortunately I don't remember what the vintage set screw thread size is.
good luck,
dj

Latest Threads