Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble Pedal
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay Pedal
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Stompbox Tuner
cry baby wah
Vol. pedal

can some one please tell me how to set them up to get the most out of this setup?

Makeitstop

Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with the pedals and what type of sounds you want to make. For instance -

- If you want to be able to kill your signal going into the amp, you'll put the volume pedal last in the chain. If you want to do pedal swells with delay, you'll put the volume pedal first in the chain.

- If you want your delay to have chorus or flanging on it, you'll put the flanger or chorus after the delay. If you want the chorus-ed signal to have echo on it, you'll put the delay before the chorus.

- Want distortion with chorus? Put the distortion in the chain ahead of the chorus.

The best thing you can do is take a couple of hours and re-arrange the FX chain and find out what's most pleasing to you. With that many pedals there are hundreds of ways to set up the chain, and while I have an idea how I might set it up, you might hate my setup.

One suggestion - put your noise gate early in the FX chain. If you put the noise gate behind your delay, the gate will screw up your delay, especially if you're using the delay for stuff like The Edge does.

Trial and error - probably a lot of it - will give you the setup you're looking for. It's all subjective. Good luck.

- D

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sure, here are two setups, one with an effects loop, one without. What kind of amp do you have?

Amp with effects loop

Guitar -> tuner -> volume pedal -> wah -> CS-3 -> DS-1 -> Amp

FX loop Send -> BF-3 -> CE-5 -> NS-2 -> DD-6 -> FX loop Return

Amp without effects loop

Guitar -> tuner -> volume pedal -> wah -> BF-3 -> CE-5 -> CS-3 -> DS-1 -> NS-2 -> DD-6 -> amp

Always put delays after a noise suppressor.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
As a general rule, I do mine like this:

guitar -> Tuner -> Wah -> Distortion -> Chorus -> Flange -> Volume -> Delay -> amp

I like the volume there, because I do Alex Lifeson-style swells, and I don't want the vol pedal acting like a guitar volume.

If you don't need a noise gate, then don't use it. The fewer pedals, the better (in general).

Use good quality chords, or get a quality switching unit, like at TheGigRig.com home . Hope that helps!

BB

Tmede212

Reaction score
Sure, here are two setups, one with an effects loop, one without. What kind of amp do you have?

Amp with effects loop

Guitar -> tuner -> volume pedal -> wah -> CS-3 -> DS-1 -> Amp

FX loop Send -> BF-3 -> CE-5 -> NS-2 -> DD-6 -> FX loop Return

Amp without effects loop

Guitar -> tuner -> volume pedal -> wah -> BF-3 -> CE-5 -> CS-3 -> DS-1 -> NS-2 -> DD-6 -> amp

Always put delays after a noise suppressor.

I have a little practice Marshall MG15DFX Combo Amp

Latest Threads