Need pickup rings to match cream on zebra set.

trapland

Reaction score
i have an R8 with tho Gawd-aweful pink rings. I know Gibson thinks they’re more accurate, whatever. I want rings that match the white bobbins on my zebra Custombuckers. I don’t really care about correct mold numbers and stuff, I just want the color match.

Amy ideas?

ARandall

Reaction score
This might be borderline impossible......or at least it is a game of chance. Looking at websites won't help as you are dependent on accurate pictures and screen reproduction both. The problems stem from the fact there is never just 1 cream colour used for plastics. Different plastic materials even with the same colour in theory will be a few shades off.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Even Gibson's own modern rings vary significantly in shade and color.

Get you some white rings, some Rit dye, a Scotch Brite pad, and start dunking until the shade is what you want.

Chakalawaka

Reaction score
You could make them yourself, you'll need to make moulds of your current ones first.
Then find out what plastics you can use, then with dyes, make the proper mix to get that exact colour.
Or if you know someone who have a CNC machine, you can just make a plastic block of your desired colour, scan you current pickup rings and carve them out of the blocks with the CNC, then sanding and polishing and bingo.
Otherwise as said above, good luck trying to find the right pickup ring on the internet, I gave up that dreams eons ago haha

Latest Threads