Need Opinion - Zebras or what?

calieng

Reaction score
Just clearing out some spare parts and trying to make a few final decissions on which guitars to keep as I downsize the gear a bit more.

Need your opinion on the 2015 True Historic 1960.

Is it a keeper or if I do sell which would you prefer as a buyer - the zebras, creams, or aged nickel?

Let me know what you think. I used to love zebras but not so sure anymore.

IMG_3961.JPG

IMG_3962.JPG

IMG_3963.JPG

calieng

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I guess I was thinking the top is not that vintage looking even though it is a very pretty top in person. So was not sure about going with the aged covers.

But I think zebra is dropping off the list as first choice.

mjross

Reaction score
Aged Nickel! For some unknown reason, they just look RIGHT on just about any Les Paul.

Last edited:

spartacus slim

Reaction score
I like zebras on that guitar best, but I suspect I will probably be in the minority. To be honest, all 3 options look great because it’s a great looking guitar!

How common were the 1960 reissue True Historics? Maybe this one should be a keeper...

spartacus slim

Reaction score
I guess I was thinking the top is not that vintage looking even though it is a very pretty top in person.

There’s such a wide range of different figuring and grain patterns in Beauty of the Burst that I don’t think your 1960 TH would look out of place in that book at all. And it is a very pretty top for sure!

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like covers the best.

calieng

Reaction score
I like zebras on that guitar best, but I suspect I will probably be in the minority. To be honest, all 3 options look great because it’s a great looking guitar!

How common were the 1960 reissue True Historics? Maybe this one should be a keeper...

There was certainly a lot less of them than '59s. Not as many '58 either and goldtops and black customs were even more rare. But no idea on total numbers.

I am having a hell of a time deciding which to let go of but I do need to downsize a bit more. Even thinking about letting the 2018 Brazilian '59 go...

spartacus slim

Reaction score
There was certainly a lot less of them than '59s. Not as many '58 either and goldtops and black customs were even more rare. But no idea on total numbers.

I am having a hell of a time deciding which to let go of but I do need to downsize a bit more. Even thinking about letting the 2018 Brazilian '59 go...
That’s interesting - it’s certainly the ‘59 THs I see most often... Best of luck with figuring out which guitars you can let go, and which are keepers!

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
My god man! You have just solved the problem I have been searching for all my life. The perfect tone!

Good-bye Wizz. Hello EMG.

yup don't forget the extra hidden tonz you get from that precise placement of that 9v battery in the cavity!

Seriously though I'd go with the nickel covers.

Latest Threads