Need help with a semi-hollowbody! (Identification)

Saiko

Reaction score
Hey there everyone. I recently saw a guitar at my local guitar center that I loved the look of and I am dying to know what it is! I have searched for pictures of different ES model numbers that I don't know and have not found it. It looked similar to an ES-175 but was much smaller and thinner. Almost the size of a Les Paul but slightly larger. It had no model name and just had the Gibson headstock logo and the ES-style holly logo. I was in a huge hurry so I didn't snap any pics or ask more about it figuring I could go back the next day. Well, it was gone when I went back. This guitar had F holes and was not a Les Paul Florentine. It had 2 humbuckers with 4 control knobs and a 3-way switch. That is all the info I have on it I am afraid. IS this some ES model I have never heard of or a custom shop Florentine style guitar? It was rather inexpensive (for a Gibson) and seemed to be in good condition so that led me to believe it was not a one-off. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Here's my 135 next to one of my LPs...did it look similar to this, but with f-holes?

Saiko

Reaction score
It looked similar to that but it seemed smaller than even the ES-135 there and had F-Holes and I want to say it had trapezoid inlays, not dots. I suppose since it wasnt hanging next to a LP, it may have been an ES-135 but it seemed smaller than that. Im almost positive it was. It seemed to be more of the size of an ES-339 but the shape was that like the ES-135 you have there.

sliding tom

Reaction score
Like this:?

This is an ES 446 - I remeber that there also was a version of it wuth double parallelogram inlays, but can't remember the model designation.

Saiko

Reaction score
I know about the nighthawks, but no, it was the exact shape of an ES-135 (The cutout) and the size of the Es-339. I think you have found it with the ES-446, just with different inlays. It may have even had dot inlays but I could have sworn it had trapezoid or block inlays. My memory is a bit fuzzy because I never even touch it and only got a quick look at it. Either way, it appears you found it or something very close with the 446. Thanks man!