Need Help.. What is best bridge for intonation and tone for 64 SG Junior?

ciscodudewan

Reaction score
Guys I have a 64 Gibson SG Junior. That is player grade. its beat up but no headstock breaks neck is perfect and straight and plays and sounds unbelievable, original P-90 and etc. It has the below Bridge and it intonates pretty good except for the G string. Looking for what is the best wrap around type bridge for this Junior?
bridge.JPG

ARandall

Reaction score
The G is hard to get right even with adjustable saddles.

For what portion of fretted notes does it stay sharp???

ciscodudewan

Reaction score
The G is hard to get right even with adjustable saddles.

For what portion of fretted notes does it stay sharp???

Starts at 7th fret and gradually goes sharp.. It really isnt that sharp but it reminds me of some Tele's with the G intonation.

Right now I just tune the G string a little bit Flat to compensate for it . However I have seen several wrap arounds with the individual saddles and was wondering if I can get it better with maybe going to another type of bridge.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that guitar! ;) Good to see you here!

Try the MojoAxe compensated one. It's designed specifically to fix the unwound G string issue.

CWT60%20012%20800.jpg

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
Starts at 7th fret and gradually goes sharp.. It really isnt that sharp but it reminds me of some Tele's with the G intonation.

Right now I just tune the G string a little bit Flat to compensate for it . However I have seen several wrap arounds with the individual saddles and was wondering if I can get it better with maybe going to another type of bridge.
As in 7th and closer to the nut.

The mojoaxe stuff is good. I have 2 of the regular compensated wraps. Of course you would want the above L/b one for authenticity.

Kris Ford

Reaction score

ciscodudewan

Reaction score

Latest Threads