Need help setting up Amplitube 4 in Windows 10

henry albert

Banned
Reaction score
I bought an iRig HD 2 and Amplitube 4 to experiment with using a laptop live. I'm hoping someone here has some experience with it and can help me out -- because the IK Multimedia support people aren't being very useful. So far I've set up the laptop sound parameters and installed the required Asio4All driver, but there's no input. Cabling is fine. Here's what the settings look like in Amp4:

amp4-1.jpg

There are no drop down options for any of the blank fields. Any ideas?

KP11520

Reaction score
Where's your Audio Interface?

Do you even have one? And if you don't, you didn't read what you're supposed to to understand the signal paths and the hooks to the App(s) and out to Monitors and/or Headphones.

Start readin! PLENTY of info out there including videos on YT.

henry albert

Banned
Reaction score
Well, thanks for that helpful reply. I knew I could rely on someone responding with content-free snark. Yes, I have an interface and yes, I read and watched everything I could, but found nothing helpful. Especially unhelpful was the manufacturer's support guy, who steadfastly insisted that the iRig HD 2 could not be made to work with Win10. You two should pair up and form your own customer service company.

But it all turned out hunky dory in the end. The problem was apparently some conflict between a Win10 driver and Asio4all. One of them, or both, must've been corrupted, because when both were replaced everything worked. I don't know which was the culprit because I didn't feel like experimenting to find out. It works and that's good enough for me.

KP11520

Reaction score
Sorry if you feel my inquiry was snarky. But can you imagine how many have showed here without doing that?. Way TOO Many.

So next time, List all the real details so we know you're above water! It cuts out so many questions we'd have to ask you to get to where anybody might be in a position to help!

You got the situation that's a head banger usually. Glad you weren't resistant to reloading drivers that seemed to load well the first time.

CONGRATULATIONS!

So let's start over......

Whatcha Got and how are you going to use it?

Have you seen our BTOTM thread? You're all setup to participate! Now you can show off! (recording and playing)