Need Help selecting impedance on Cab

lespauldawg

Reaction score
Hello All.
I have this Marshall 425A Cab with 4xG12C-25 Greenbacks....
On the switch plate (back of cab) I have these options.."listed below"

left 4 ohm
right 16 ohm
left 8 ohm
right 8 ohm

Also, the output jack has a Mono/Stereo slider in the middle
I want to use this cab with my Friedman Mini Dirrty Shirley amp with the standard 8 ohm & 16-ohm input jacks.
The speakers are 16 ohms.
No certain which input on the back of the cab to select?

https://pix.sfly.com/mawTMc

Help is most appreciated!!

thank you!

LPD

The slider really confuses me!

Caoimhin

Reaction score
You can use the 16 ohm option on the Dirty Shirley and plug it in to the 16 ohm jack on the Marshall and keep the slider on MONO. It's the same way I run my BE 100 into my Marshall 1960 cab.

I put electrical tape over the left jack and the slider to prevent making any mistake hooking up in the dark.

lespauldawg

Reaction score
You can use the 16 ohm option on the Dirty Shirley and plug it in to the 16 ohm jack on the Marshall and keep the slider on MONO. It's the same way I run my BE 100 into my Marshall 1960 cab.

I put electrical tape over the left jack and the slider to prevent making any mistake hooking up in the dark.

The electrical tape is a great idea!
Thank you !!!!

lespauldawg

Reaction score
So, I need to select 16 ohms on the back of the cab keep the slider on Mono and use the 16-ohm input jack on the amp head...correct?

Caoimhin

Reaction score
So, I need to select 16 ohms on the back of the cab keep the slider on Mono and use the 16-ohm input jack on the amp head...correct?

Yes. Keep the slider to the left so that you have mono selected and plug the head into the jack on the right.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

yes yes yes

Latest Threads