need help ID'ing this pickup

DADGAD

Reaction score
When I got my Page Custom Authentic, it didn't have the original pickups. Fortunately I had managed to pick up a spare set from Jimmyace. The pickups that came in it were a Burstbucker 2 in the bridge (7.82k) and an unknown 4 conductor pickup in the bridge. It was guessed to be a BB3 but there are no identifying stickers or anything like that on it. Im not good at identifying pickups by their manufacturing characteristics like some here but it kills me not to know which brand it is, or could be. it is potted, which I didn't think BB's were. It measures 8.04k. The wires have been murdered a bit previously. My guitar came from Japan, not that it means anything. Just adding some possibly useful info. I assumed, as did the seller it could be a BB3, but Im hoping someone here can help.
photo-162.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-164.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-163.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-161.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-165.jpg
[/IMG]

LtKojak

Reaction score
The BB#2 and the BB Pro bridge I've measured all were slightly over 8K.

Does the other p'up have the BB#2 sticker? If not I'd say it probably is a BB#1, although a little bit hotter one, as my measurements of BB#1s and BB Pro necks are 7.68K in average.

HTH,

DADGAD

Reaction score
Yeah the neck pickup has a BB2 sticker on it. I thought BB1's tend to be sub 8k?

LtKojak

Reaction score
Yeah the neck pickup has a BB2 sticker on it. I thought BB1's tend to be sub 8k?

Well, consistency has never been Gibson's strong points, if you know what I mean... ;)

Ed hunter

Reaction score
thats looks like a aftermarket 57 classic going by the lead wire:slash:
BB's were NEVER offered with 4 conductor wire and being that your has that and a PAF sticker it is either a aftermarket 57 classic or a 400's series with a sticker put on it?

Latest Threads